icon

Installing power locks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dr_jdelara 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
I was thinking of installiing some power door locks on my truck.  Am i was wondering how hard it would be and what i would need to do the job? 
Rams Z 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed these  http://www.commandocaralarms.com/itemdetails.asp?Productid=604 in my 98 Ranger. Everything is in this kit and is very easy to intall if you have any abiliy to use a tools (drill & screwdriver). The hardest part for me was trying to figure out what my alarms wires did. But, thanks to this board that question was answered within minutes. The door lock kit itself has its own brain and only requires you to hook up 4 wires. 12volt, Ground, Ground to alarm or switch to unlock & Ground to alarm or switch to lock. 

Hope this helps...

dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes when installing actuators (door lock motors) you need to cut away some of the metal in your door. Thats the toughest part though. That incorporated with the positioning of the actuator can be tough. It's worth a try to do it so...Good Luck!
Dyer
unprofessional 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of current do actuators draw?  The actuators I bought don't have any instructions or information with them.  I got some 22 gauge wire lying around that I'd like to use up before I have to go buy something bigger.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
22 is really small....18 gauge is fine and what I've always used.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic