icon

rear A/C controls '02 Yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kp240734 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I want to install a flip-down monitor in my Yukon where the rear A/C controls are. I removed the rear controls and now I can't even turn on the rear A/C with the controls in the front. Any ideas???????
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
if you saw a spark when you put them back it it could be bad now. Pull it back out and check to see if you have the plug in all the way
kp240734 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
I don't want to put the rear controls back in. I want to put my DVD player in the same location and leave the controls out, but when I removed them (and left them disconnected), the rear fan does not work when I turn it on with the front controls (it has two sets of rear A/C controls).
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
they must be wire together. Try and extend the wire and hide the controls somewhere
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have a FORD Van that has front and REAR controls. There may be a setting in the FONT to allow control by the REAR user, or I can control it from My location. My knob says REAR HI/MED/LOW settings, then a REAR CONTROL (they have theit own lever nack there). I leave it set where I control it anyway.
You will need to find out what wires are used when control is set to DRIVER, and leave those HARD-WIRED intact, then remove the cluster. That way, you can still control it from your location, and all USER control is removed.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic