Got a tough question for ya'll

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

yup..well morely dust color now.lol

they are hooked up to a kenwood 600watt amp...runnin 100rms.

the tuning on the box is right on...they hit good...good enough for 100rms.

these will do till i figure out the encloser for the MB quart 12" subs or the jensen nitro series 12"......but first...i gotta get a car.lol  to do that i have to get another job...im 17. My dishwashiing job isnt enough for insure....so ya.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
the series ones werent that bad, I myself have owned a few of them as well at one point in my lifelong car audio quest, lol...
they will more than likely be 4 ohm, but could be 8, its really easy to test if u have a digital multimeter...
and as far as mentioning Jensen and MB Quart in the same sentence, there are people around that would have you hanged and burned at the stake for even thinking of comparing the two...forget about the Jensens if those are your two options...
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

lol...they all work with the same amp.

jensen puts out more rms...but the MB quarts are a ton nicer...how much could i sell that jensen for?

wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  
give the amp to charity.  i'm with purds.  if those are your only two options, go with the quarts.  When you put a DMM on the sub, it will not read exactly  4 or 8 ohms.  It will be a little off, but not to much.  Though you never know with old ass subs. 
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

Well take in a effect i got the amp and subs for 200, And i needed an amp. its all good

Plus kenwood makes good stuff...that isnt like $600.

I have a road gear amp im my ma's car powering two american pro 8" subs,and they sound good.  long as it makes it go boom..im good.

Plus if they get stolen...not like i just lost a lot of money.

c.c. 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
road gear??  isn't that like walmart stuff??  forget about that stuff.   you get what you pay for, and walmart dont exactly have the best stuff.
toyota echo...perfect sound named vehicle
Maxst 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Yup...it works tho. Has only shut down once becuase the truck was loaded with stuff....i have it at 2 ohm.

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

c.c. wrote:
road gear??  isn't that like walmart stuff??  forget about that stuff.   you get what you pay for, and walmart dont exactly have the best stuff.

Well, I always go by that get what you pay for too, BUT, if thats the case then why does everyone recommend the JBL 1200.1 when its only about $280??

Wal-mart stuff may not be the best but not everyone needs the best, they need something to sastify their needs, which may be easily sastified. Dont always have to break the bank just to get a decent sounding system going. Just have to be creative. Even junk can sometimes be good.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
I agree tdsteele...
personally I am a little harder to satisfy, but I have seen people sooo happy when they get their cars back with gear that I consider junk, and to them it sounds just as good as my car or better...
kind of strange how that works, but thats what personal freedom and individualism is all about...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic