icon

Subwoofer Q

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
magic2 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
My current sub setup includes 2 JLW3V2's in a bandpass box (I am using the bandpass because of space reasons, and not wanting to cut out the whole back of my truck) I need to upgrade though.
I like the JL W6V2's but I also like the eclpise 8122dvc. From the reaserch I have done it seems the eclipse likes a sealed box, and the jl likes a vented box. Any one have any Ideas on which one would be better in this application.
Thanks
John
Also the rest of the system includes
Quart Qsd 216 front doors
Quare Psd 216 rear doors
Quart Qm100 Center channel
x1001 xtant
X604 Xtant
Eclipse ea2212 for center
Xtant P500 parametric EQ
Eclipse AV8132
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

my friend runs two W0 10" subs in a sealed box..not quite sure on the volume it has for each sub...but it hits HARD!  I downloaded a sub tuning cd off IMESH and put it in...not knowing what would happen...with the windows down..at a parking like...goes down in cycles to 10...it hits 50 cycles and wow the sound pressure was intence!

JL has box building digrams with the sub i think.  Try making a sealed box for them b4 you go out and spend money on a different sub.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I would defiantly go with the Eclipse Aluminums. They put out lots of spl while maintaining excellent sq. I would put them in a sealed enclosure .75-1.0 cuft per sub with 500-600 watts rms each and trust me you will not be disappointed. (1) Aluminum can move more air then (2) W6’s put together. Here is a similar post from a week or so ago https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=17407&PN=1
magic2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

I need to Use a bandpass though.

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Why do they have to be in a bandpass enclosure?
magic2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well I have a 2002 ram quad cab, and space is limited. Right now my subs are in the bed of the truck, In a bandpass box that is vented through the cab. and the hole is probably 10inches X 6 inches. I would rather stay with this box design so I do not have to cut a GIANT hole in my bed and cab.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic