icon

Attention all Lynx 2000 installers!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skyline_man 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

Problem - remote central locking relays and motor keeps on getting fried? Can't figure out why, they work for a week or two and then suddenly the get fried. I use 2 relays connected to drive one motor which is fitted on the driver's door. The car is a Nissan and it only has one motor on the passenger door. It uses the driver's door lock as a switch to drive the passenger door motor.

I'm sure i've connected the relays correctly - have any one of you Lynx 2000 installers out there experienced the same problem?

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
when you lock and unlock the drivers door with the key, do the others doors lock and unlock????
if so just add an aftermarket motor to the drivers door and wire it up to the alarm.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
almeida79 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
sounds to me like you have an aftermarket accuater already installed in the drivers door if so maybe you have them installed where there is to much of a load on them when they operate. are they operating freely enough if not try switching to a different location inside the door and dont use cheap junk moters it's not worth it. 
Jay
skyline_man 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the motor is an aftermarket one. It seems to be moving freely enough. But you could be right about too much load on the motor. Also the problem happened after it rained heavily. Now i know that water didn't get into the door but could it be possible that water got under the hood where my hood pinswitch is and somehow shorted it out and caused the alarm module to go crazy and somehow kept on feeding a constant pulse to the central door locking relays?
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
The hood switch is not your problem ,it cannot get shorted because it is a ground that triggers the alarm all the water would do is trigger your alarm to go off,thats it. I would say the motor was stressed and that blew your factory motors. Maybe when you insalled the actuators they w were on good and working smooth but maybe it moved over time causing it to work harder.
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Feel the actuator and the relay and you'll know when the relays and the actuators are pulling current.
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic