Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
yes.. somewhat similar....
2000vsm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
that diagram is a rev polarity diagram right?
go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

Yes it is reverse polarity. Your switch needs YOU to activate it, not ground. The switch has nothing to do with 12v. The switch completes the path for the coil to ground which the other side of the coil is 12v.

The problem with this setup is that if you can't tap into the circuit between the circuit break and motor, you won't be able to shut off the latching relay. Your only solution is to get a sunroof module. Now if you could, then my post above would work.

Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
2000vsm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
hmm... the weird thing is that my window module (i guess similar to sunroof module) like needs a constant signal from my alarm to keep it going.. other wise it only works for like 1 sec.... stupid eh?
2000vsm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2002 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

sh*t! i figured it out... here's the diagram

85- negative trigger from alarm + wire to 87 + sunroof close switch

86 - 12V from sunroof relay (ONLY when sunroof closes it switches on, and switches off when sunroof is fully closed), also diode to prevent reverse current since the 12v from relay acts as ground due to rev. pol wiring.

87 - wire to 85

30 - ground

there it is... it's also considered a one touch roll back thanks to the oem honda circuit breaker to turn off the current when it's fully closed.... this applies to all hondas

also you gotta run a constant 12v to power the relay or use another relay to power up the relay.  also make sure you got diodes

go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

Your diagram can't apply for all hondas. Even though the circuit breaker shuts off, the factory relay and latching relay will still be on and eventually drain the battery. If you have a module ( which it seem like you have) that senses current and shuts off automatically then your diagram would work.

P.S. If you wired the relay like my first post then you would not need a diode.

Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
2000vsm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
the factory relay where i tapped the 12v TURNS OFF when the circuit breaker shuts off... therefore it turns off the latching relay
omegamotorsprts 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2002 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
hey, another installer friend of mine with a brand new celica, his sunroof works in three stages, that'd be fun.
jaas666 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2003 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
Just did it... works like a charm... only some additions...
1. You don't really need an external source for powering the relay... you can use the same wire on it.. The SunRoof relay have 2 wires that are always 12v (even without the key) and 2 wires that get 12v when key in ON.. simply cut the 2 wires taht get 12v with the key and join them with the 2 that are always 12v charged...
Also note that by using the above wiring you'll be able to close the roof when its in the fully open position... if the glass is in the up position (pressing the middle button) it won't work.... any suggestion here will be appreciated....
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic