icon

You Wouldn't believe it

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
So I went to my local car audio place looking for one big amp or two smaller ones to power my type r's...So my guys said either get the mrd500 or a jbl 600.1 or the 1200.1 so i headed over to auto sound a small place near me and i was like how much is the 1200.1 and the guy was like it won't really run at a one ohm but i've got 2 alpine mrd500 i can probably get you them on sale..i'm thinkin 400 hundred dollars on a 500 dollar amp...so he walks out and he says i'll give you both for 500...I just kinda stamered... and i think i went flush...I was like all take them...so i ran them back over to my normal guys and they looked it up...thats 13 dollars below dealer cost..they were astonished...so now i have two of the best amps out their and i have a full warranty..this is fawking great..even ebay doesn't have them this cheap and their warrantied by alpine...now i just need to build a new box for them
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
That only happens One time In your life.......
THAT WAS LUCK!!!!
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

http://thezeb.com/caraudio/audiobahn_specials.html#audiobahnamps

kinda like these audiobahn amps?

thats a good score dude!

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
lol, but you bought them off of a liar and/or idiot...
the jbl amps will do power at 2 OR 1 ohm...its 1200W regardless into either of those impedances...and should be priced at half of what you spent...
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I agree. You got a good deal, but were talked into spending more money then you had to. A lot of people think the BP series isn't 1ohm stable because it gets listed/advertised based off of what JBL has on their website (which only states 2ohms). But the manual has the true complete specifications, and states that it is stable at 1 ohm, it just produces the same amount of wattage at 1 ohm as it does at 2ohms like Big Purds said. You could have saved around $200 if you had gotten the JBL...
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
yeah but the quality in the alpine is really good...and i can almost guarantee that the jbl won't sound thid good in sq...which is what i am into
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
not to break anything to you, but its a class D...you arent going to notice any SQ difference between an Alpine class D and a jbl class D...
if you were comparing a/b amps, or one a/b to one class d, ya, you would probably see a difference, but class D to class D in frequencies that low, you wouldnt tell the difference if I hooked it up and asked u to listen...
Topaz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 5:06 AM / IP Logged  
i bought the same amp (just 1 though) for $AUD630, which is close to 250-300 American
But that is one hell of a deal dood, although i igree with Sebastian018 it was luck!!!
Eksqueez me!!......bayking powdeh??
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  
Again I agree w/ Big Purds. The BP's are 0.1% THD, and if I read the specs right on the MRD-M500 they are 1% THD. I've heard the BP1200.1 running 2 Punch HX2's side by side with my RF Power 1000bd running 2 Punch HX2's and there was minimal difference. As long as the gains are set properly, there isn't much difference in sound quality with class D's. The main difference I've seen is in the efficiency of the amps. And believe it or not, the BP's tend to have a lower current draw then a lot of other amps, and can produce just as clean of a signal.
Not to mention you'll only get apx 400 watts RMS @ 2ohms from each MRD-M500 (800 RMS total from both), you would have gotten at least 1000 watts RMS at 1 or 2 ohms on a 12 volt system from the BP1200.1
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
i just wanted to say that i agree with Big Purds ,class D is class d ...you arent going to notice any SQ difference between an Alpine class D and a jbl class D...
the differences are not much to be heard...
it's just comes down to a matter of chice and price between the amps
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic