icon

Dead battery! Newbie needs help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drat4u2 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with you on the alarm. Not a pager-style one; I think that it is more for my own peace of mind rather than actual protection. I took your advice and unhooked the alarm's power, then re-connected the battery cables, like you said. It arc'd, so I took a chance and removed the fuse to the Cig Charger that I tapped into for my Delphi XM unit. It is not a switched power source, but I thought that if the unit was not on, then there would be very little power consumed. No arc from the battery and with the fuse still removed since Sat., the battery seems to keep it's charge! Woo-hoo! You were right, it was not the alarm. So, I am going to wire the XM power to a switched wire from the fusebox and try that. I figured as much with the x over location...will move that to the other side too and try it all again. Great idea about using JBWeld in the screw heads, by the way! Thanks again for all of the help. I hope to be rockin' by the weekend!
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
cool deal hope it all works out for you. good luck with your project.Dead battery!  Newbie needs help! - Page 2 -- posted image.
Big Dave
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic