icon

Alarm add-ons

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MrBucket 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Black Widow alarm right now, and I'm looking to add some more security to it. (Got a keying problem around my neighborhood.) I found a few things online/on e-bay that I am interested in, but have now idea on the quality. Here are the links:
http://www.commandoalarms.com/itm30031.htm
http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3040402188&category=14934
http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3040606709&category=14934
I want the proximity sensor to help control people approaching my car, and I want the pager to alert me if someone does come close to it during the night. (My alarm cannot be sensitive enough to detect the keyings) Also, just because a friend of mine in the neighborhood had their car stolen, I would like the key-pad as another precaution. If anyone has dealt with these products or heard anything about them, please let me know. I don't have alot of money to throw around, so I don't want to be suckered into buying this stuff. Thanks
MrBucket 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Bump

Please, I really do need help deciding if these are good or not, or if they will even work in the way I want them too. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have used, and still have, an EFD sensor, and they work fine. You can adjust the fields for the warning, and intrusion. The INTRUSION is always inside the warning field, and they can be spliced in with the sensitivity alarms warning and alarm leads. I had a GEO TRACKER, and a shock sensor is useless on a convertible top! The only problem I had was with WIND, the WARNING tone would sound if the wind was enough to move the top slightly. It never set off the ALARM, becuase the intrusion field is inside the car.
You can get an EFD for around 100.00, I don't know, mine was 99.97 at Circuit City. I still have it, I just don't use it anymore. There are four leads, one is power and ground, the other two are warning and trip. they are very nice to have, and work great, almost FLAWLESSLY! A pet mey set off the watning, but something or ONE would have to get IN the car to set off teh intrusion. You may be able to widen the fields so they are BOTH outside the car, you can play with the adjustments, and/or placement untill you are satisfied.
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have used, and still have, an EFD sensor, and they work fine. You can adjust the fields for the warning, and intrusion. The INTRUSION is always inside the warning field, and they can be spliced in with the sensitivity alarms warning and alarm leads. I had a GEO TRACKER, and a shock sensor is useless on a convertible top! The only problem I had was with WIND, the WARNING tone would sound if the wind was enough to move the top slightly. It never set off the ALARM, becuase the intrusion field is inside the car.
You can get an EFD for around 100.00, I don't know, mine was 99.97 at Circuit City. I still have it, I just don't use it anymore. There are four leads, one is power and ground, the other two are warning and trip. they are very nice to have, and work great, almost FLAWLESSLY! A pet mey set off the watning, but something or ONE would have to get IN the car to set off teh intrusion. You may be able to widen the fields so they are BOTH outside the car, you can play with the adjustments, and/or placement untill you are satisfied.
MrBucket 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. You said you do not use the EFD anymore, are you interested in selling it to me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic