icon

Alpine Type R 10Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mark241 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I'mn thinking of getting two alpine type R 10" subs for my car. I would like to know what other people think about them
mark241 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, the Amplifier will be a kenwood kac-7201 and they most likely be in a sealed enclosure
Pharaoh 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
I used to run 2 type r 12s in a sealed store bought box. They were way too underpowered but they still POUNDED. I would recommend these subs to anyway! I've never used a 10, but Im sure it's the same more or less.
hobbes6981 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
From what I've heard, the Type R's POUND. It looks like your amp might not be enough for two of them. They come only in dual voice coil models, so if you get the dual 4 ohm models, you'll just run each in parallel to each channel for 230 watts per sub. I believe Alpine rates each sub at 300 rms. Kenwood claims to be 2 ohm stereo stable, but I've heard from a lot of people in this forum that its a big risk. If you want to get the power the subs are rated at, then look into the jbl 600.1. If so, you would wire the subs in parallel/parallel, resulting in a 1 ohm load, or if you had the dual 2 ohm subs, wire in series/parallel and get a 2 ohm load. The 600.1 is stable at 1 ohm, so either would work with equal power.
Here's JL Audio's wiring tutorial for reference. JL Audio Wiring Tutorial
hobbes6981 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
From what I've heard, the Type R's POUND. It looks like your amp might not be enough for two of them. They come only in dual voice coil models, so if you get the dual 4 ohm models, you'll just run each in parallel to each channel for 230 watts per sub. I believe Alpine rates each sub at 300 rms. Kenwood claims to be 2 ohm stereo stable, but I've heard from a lot of people in this forum that its a big risk. If you want to get the power the subs are rated at, then look into the jbl 600.1. If so, you would wire the subs in parallel/parallel, resulting in a 1 ohm load, or if you had the dual 2 ohm subs, wire in series/parallel and get a 2 ohm load. The 600.1 is stable at 1 ohm, so either would work with equal power.
Here's JL Audio's wiring tutorial for reference. JL Audio Wiring Tutorial
bigballer 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
instead of the 10's; i would get tweleves they realy pound loud. if you are interesed i have a pair of twelves for sale.
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2003 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
I used to have two type R 10's run with a Phoenix Gold ZX475ti bridged to two channel mode....The subs sounded great, I think the Type R's are really good subs especailly compared to other subs in the same price range, I've upgraded to two 15's cause i liked the 10's that much
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2003 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
i have two R10's hooked up to a sony 800 the amp is sh*t but it doesnt seem to affect the subs. they were hitting close to a pair of polk 12's  Alpine is a great company from my experience.
Quad L Handyman services
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2003 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
oh my tens are in a shared box of about 1.56 cu ft and with a 4" port
Quad L Handyman services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic