< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

I'm installing the following in a few days:

• 1.  A trunk release into a Checkmate alarm in a '97 Honda Civic
  • 2.  A (Bulldog Security) trunk release kit into a Viper 500 HF alarm in a '93 Ford Taurus
  • 3.  Domelight superivision in the #2 car as well

My question is, do I need a relay for all of these?  I'm pretty sure I do.  I've been researching buying them, so say I need 5 relays/wire harnesses.The prices seem to be a bit "all over".  For example, the relay with harness at Bulldog is $6.85 + $5.00 shipping (no matter how many you buy).  So, if I need 5, that's $39.25.  While, at ShoppingMatrix.tv, they're 4.06 each + $9.76 (shipping for 5), so that's $30.06.  Then I've just seen the prices go higher at other sites.  I wonder if I can buy the relay and harness seperate and save?

Any ideas to get great prices?

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Hey cp goose go here http://http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/ click relays and youll see what they offer. I see they have relays for 5 dollars with harness they also have the harness alone for $1.50 and they have a little micro 20 amp relay for $4.95. Buying relays -- posted image.

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Other than that try a local shop and get the relays there you really dont need the harness. You can wire it up yourself with insulated  crimp terminals and you will save on that.  Most of the time the shops will give you the terminals free if you need them. FRom what you posted you will only need 1 relay for your domelight 1 relay for the trunk to open. I did not understand if you said you were doing these in two cars or one anyways if that link above dont work try  http://autotoys.com good luck.
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2002 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
yeah I never used harnesses myself, just female blade connectors, then wrapped em in tape just to be sure (insulated blades of course)
you do indeed need relays for those options, or at least for the dome light surv.
relays on average are about $5 each
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2002 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, thanks guys.  I'll check those sites.  I actually found the same relays/harnesses at another shoppingmatrix site (the western division), and they were really cheap.  The harnesses were so much cheaper, it was just easier to buy them that use the spade connectors.  The ones at the first shopping matrix were $4.06 each.  But I found the relay for $1.12 and the socket for $0.89.  So, overall (when ordering 5), it was $10 cheaper.  I haven't gotten them yet, so we'll see.  Thanks again for the replies.

omegamotorsprts 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2002 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
where did you find relays that cheap?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic