icon

mp3 cd deck which 1?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jac2 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

im trying to buy cd deck w/mp3 function,which one do you guys recommend??  for 2000 honda accord v6 coupe.here is my list ----->>

1.pioneer dehp 8500            about$320

2.panasonic cq-dfx983                   $ 220

3.kenwood dpx 6030                       $ 560

i really like 6030 because its double din and i have double din opening  but their too pricy and i dont know they support mp3 or not .

JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
hmm...i thought Kenwood stopped making double dins..but then i dont follow them to heavily....When talking about head units i usually pic Kenwood as a top choice, they can take a little time to figure out but are extremely reliable, but at $560...thats a lot for a Kenwood....Do Not get Panasonic, its most likely the coolest lookin deck out of the lot, but thats all Panasonic spends any time on is looks, I do not like their quality at all.... Pioneer is good, they have a great balance of price to funtions ratio, and last about as long as any kewood, so if you have your mind set on any of those 3 deck, i say go with the Pioneer, you can always get a metra kit with a pocket so oyu dont have to worry about the double din issue, or even get a nice EQ/Line driver to put under the deck...
jac2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2003 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
thanks JamesRH,but do you know where i can get a pocket with door infront? like a factory one,i think i can pick one from dealer but the price is like $25-30 i heard from friend.thats little too much for plastic pocket!
EvernhamMS 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
Take a look at the Eclipse 3413 too - it retails around $250 and supports CD-RW as well as MP3.
Disaster092 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  

If i had a double din, i would do this, get a single din sized headunit. But instead of getting a pocket, i would get a half din EQ, and a half din Center channel. i have seen the center channels on ebay, they look cool, but i have nowhere to put it or i would have one. It just looks liek something that could really add to a system.

Just my .02c.

Disaster092 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, and i would recommend an Alpine headunit. the 9807 i thnk it is, has mp3 playback, and it's 280 from crutchfield (i use it as a decent reference point). I have an alpine 9805, one model lower, i payed 200 for it, i had no use for the MP3 playback, so i opted out.
jac2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
your talking about half din equalizer and half din center channel speakers,right??is the half din eq really works good ?imean do i feel alot of difference with it? or its just for looks or to fill out the space??~yeah! i didnt know theres half din center channel speakers out there!but only center channel my search came up  was clarion 5. and wat kind of installation kit should i get if i want to add those 2 later??i really like the idea is theres a single din center channel at all? -thanks alot!!
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
hmmm....those pockets cost the dealer no more than about $7.00 so im sure you could find one cheaper. And if you are looking into other makes, I would not go with Eclipse, Ive had some behind the scene conversations with reps and what not, their product is not that great. Alpine on the other hand, Have great decks, Alpine is infact my brand choice for head units...I mean just look at any old (10+ years) aftermarket CD decks that are still alive and working, most likely an Alpine...I have put mine through hell and it looks it but works exactly the same as when i got it.
jac2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
7 bucks!?? thats really cheap your talking about just the regular pocket or pocket with the door opening infront?,like factory one?anywayz id better roll  and see it noww!!
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
My brother happens to have the Pioneer 8500 in his 95 camaro (his car is silver and he got it to match).   Anyways, it's good unit.  plays mp3's, cd-r/rw's, and a solid internal amp (he's pushing 2 sets of separates and a 10 mtx sub off that head unit with no external amp) So out of the 3 you mentioned, i would choose the Pioneer.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   mp3 cd deck which 1? -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic