icon

Battery Problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
I just hooked up my new amp and sub.  I have a JBL BP600.1 running 1 RF HE2 4ohm sub wired down to 8 ohms.  I dont have an aftermarket deck so I have it running right off my rear speakers for the input, hooked into the high inputs.  My battery went dead once, but that might be because the trunk light was on so long.  I jumped it and left it sit overnight.  It started right up this morning, but it seemed like the power was going on and off like 5 times.  I looked at my gauges and the Brake light, the abs light and another light came on and stayed on until I shut my car off and unhooked the amp and started it back up.  I have a 2002 Chevy Cavalier.  What was the problem????  Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 plus 1 equals 2
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

Oh man....I feel sorry for you, because im almost 100% sure what your problem is...In certain year Cavaliers ive seen people put stereos in which creates a larger draw on the alternator which the internal computer does not understand and will even burn out, sadly i do not know how to solve you problem. Just to be sure, when your door chime bings, does the sound come from somewhere in the dash, or does it come from the driver door speaker? cause if it comes from the speaker, Im pretty sure its your onboard computer on its last legs...

cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
I only had it hooked up for like 8 hours or so then after it started acting up, I unhooked it. 
1 plus 1 equals 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic