the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

radio/door trigger ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
I recently put a hornet 554t on a 2002 avalanche. Everything works flawlessly. For the domelight supervision I ran one relay for the exterior lights (the ones under the mirrors), and one relay to the courtesy light. One was a (-) circuit and the other was a (+). When I remote start everthing turns on fine. However when I turn off the remote start the radio stays on. This is because the radio stays on until a door is opened. I want the radio to turn off when the remote start shuts down. To do this should I just somehow configure a relay or should I tap into the door trigger wires at the bcm for the domelight supervision instead of the courtesy light under the dash? Would that work? What would be the easiest? Any suggestions would be great! thanks in advance.
Dyer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the driver's door trigger wire at the BCM.
Cut the door trigger wire in half, and wire a diode inline. Connect the 554T's "factory re-arm" output onto the BCM side of your diode. Connect your alarm's door trigger input to the other side of the diode.
You also could have connected your domelight supervision output to the BCM side of the diode---this would be cheaper and easier than using the relay.
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
use the blue wire named status factory security rearm, it will give you a negitive output when the remotestart shuts down gp into programing and use factory security rearm, the triger you door trigger wire with the correct polarity
zargon ruler of estranorth
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2003 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I already have the door triggers diode isolated since there were separate triggers for the passenger and driver. I'm not exactly sure what you are saying could you maybe construct a diagram?
Dyer
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo,
Out of curisoity what happens if he pulses the output straight to the door wire without another diode.
(I've been lazy and figured if you actually shut down by remote you can live with the radio staying on for 10 minutes. I only shut down by remote when playing with it anyway)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic