icon

99 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zmsaad 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a remote starter w/door lock & unlock. Everything works well except the unlock feature sometimes it works most of the times it does not. I checked the connections and all very good. Is it possible the system is not providing enough power to unlock the doors. Pls help, thank you all
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
hmm.. your car might not have the amparage the actuators need...so try unlock with the car running...if they work, you probably need a new battery...if not...your actuators might be in a location were there is too much resistance and they cannot push the lock, so try a different location, or bigger actuators.
zmsaad 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
The battery is less than one year old. All other functions work fine, hornchirp, lights, lock works fine with no problem at all. Any body has an idea pls. Thank you all
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
What did you use for the lock/unlock wires? Color and location? (In the car....I know what ones you used on the alarm)
zmsaad 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
As I explanined earlier, the wiring is ok.Everything works fine all the time even the lock. The problem is in the unlock only. Sometimes it works, most of the times it does not. Could be not enough amps to triger the unlock. How can I boost the signal if that is the case. TRhanks to all who could help.
almeida79 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
did you wire in the blue/res child lock safety wire it's the same harness as the unlock wire after a few minutes you cannot unlock the doors unless this wire also see's a negative pulse you can use the same unlock trigger your using just use 2 diodes to isolate them from each other
Jay
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
The info on this sites says the unlock requires a double pulse. Is that option set in the alarm?
If yes then it's got to be the info from Jay.
jgstone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Double Pulse Unlock
Owners Manual
DEI Pulse Timer if Alarm Does Not Support
I like cars more than women, because their the perfect challenge.
          ___
______|    \___
|_0___|____0_ }
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
There is a reason I asked which wires you used...but you still didn't answer me. If you use the wires that test with the switch on the door, the unlock function won't work after a few minutes. You need to use the wires that test with the key in the passenger door. They don't "fall asleep". No double pulse unlock needed, no child safety lock wire needed either.
Power Lock      dk. blue/white        -       org plug bottom of fusebox
Power Unlock      dk. blue        -       org plug bottom of fusebox
Notes: The lock wires are about 18 gauge. They will test only by operating the key in the passenger door lock cylinder, not the rocker switch on the door itself.
zmsaad 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for trying to help. Jay, I will check your suggestion tonight. But if I have the wrong wire for unlocking the car, why does it work sometimes? Yes I follwed the wiring diagram from this web site and tested the wires from the door switch(driver side). Thanks again.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic