the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

amp selection on l7 10's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'd love to know what that's based on nowadays. I remember hearing that same thing about 10 years ago. As the years have gone on, the technology has become cheaper in price manufacturing wise (more bang for the buck so to speak). Look at computers. Memory upgrades used to be around a dollar per meg (you could expect to pay at least $32+ for a 32MB SIMM). Now you can get a 256MB DIMM for less then $50, or an 80GB hard drive for less then $100. It's not lacking in quality, it's just cheaper to manufacture. Now, just like everything else there are companies who make sub-standard products and sell them for extreemly cheap prices. You just have to know who those companies are and avoid them at all costs!.
But if you live your audio life by a defining dollar amount per watt to judge the "true quality" of an amp, then you'll miss out on some great amps. I'm not saying you wont get your money's worth if you buy a high-quality brand name high-performance workhorse, but you will miss out on a possibly better amp for less money. Just my 2c
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic