icon

nissan exterra door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Insanez24kid 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

im working on putting a viper in a 2001 nissan exterra that has keyless entry already...i was told to simply unplug the keyless entry module and then proceed in installing the alarm.  Is it possible that i DO NOT unplug the keyless entry?  or is it a must? 

2.  Im not sure whether or not to use the 5 wire system relays for the door locks or the one where you use the factory door lock module for the relay system. 

-the reason im asking about whether to unplug the module or not is b/c when i DO unplug it, then the switches for the soor locks do not work anymore, but they will once i have the alarm hooked up correct?  So should i probe the wires to find the correct ones, and THEN unplug the module?  5 wire relay or FDLM relay?

Derek
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
See if these colors are the same. Probe with a DVM if you can. Ask if you dont know how to probe for these.
You shouldn't have to remove the unit. Your probably going to have to turn off the factory security somehow. They say how in the below info but it might be different in your model.
2000 model wiring info
jgstone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
First of all if you unplug the keyless entry unit the door locks among other items such as dome light and your door tiggers my not work at all. leave all plugs plugged in and connect the wires using an alarm splice solder if wanted, tape and a zip tie.
Second the easiest way to connect the door locks in this vehicle is to take apart the drivers door and make the connections at the drivers control module. Some Nissans need to be set up for double pulse unlock. Consult owners manual.
I like cars more than women, because their the perfect challenge.
          ___
______|    \___
|_0___|____0_ }
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Take apart the drivers door? Are you nuts? How long have you been installing?
Power Lock      yellow        -       
Notes: Located at the Smart Entrance Control Unit above the hood release in the drivers kick panel. The door lock wires only meter when turn the key in either door key cylinder.
Power Unlock      yellow/red        -       
Notes: Requires a double pulse.
Located at the Smart Entrance Control Unit above the hood release in the drivers kick panel. The door lock wires only meter when turn the key in either door key cylinder.
Those wires will also arm and disarm the factory alarm (if you have it). Do not unplug anything factory. If you go to the door switch, your Viper won't control the factory alarm.
Insanez24kid 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2003 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
do i need a bypass unit for this besides the viper alarm...all the nissan has is keyless entry and it has an led that says "security" near it but there is no factory alarm....i have the viper all hooked up cept for the door locks and door trigger and trunnk release.  i just need to know if i need one of those bypasss unts to pass the security.
Derek
patmar 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
the led is for transponder when start the car led goes off
pat
Insanez24kid 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
how do i bypass the security as i mentioned b4 with the red led where it says "security"....i cant just hook the alarm up without bypassing this right?   how do i do it?
Derek

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic