icon

horn output wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
babysho 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, I need some professional advice can anyone out their tell me were to hook up the horn output wire of my module to my vehicle so that the horn beeps when the alarm is set off. I have a ford taurus se the diagram indicates the PURPLE / orange wire but I cannot find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
ar
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
You mean, PURPLE / orange from the ALarm unit, or your horn wire is supposed to be that color? In any case, you can just splice the Alarm wire to the horn wire under the dash. . . It might be in the engine compartment also, you can run a wire to that if you wanted to. . .
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
What year car and what alarm?
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
the sheet says it is in a four pi n connector to the right of the sterring column. the wire will read 12 volts and will read zero when the horn is engaged
zargon ruler of estranorth
jgstone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
first of all you are looking for the wrong wire. it will be in plug to the left of the ignition harness just left of the steering column. if that taurus is a 89-96 the horn wire is yellow/light green if the taurus is 97-up then the wire is most likely Dark Blue in the same location.
I like cars more than women, because their the perfect challenge.
          ___
______|    \___
|_0___|____0_ }
babysho 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
floaterr wrote:
What year car and what alarm?
It's a 1999 ford taurus se the module is a powercode pc 32 with the da chip sometime called the dna. The module has several fuses one for the main 5+ fuse one for the parking lights and so on. I found a four pin connector with a purple wire with strips of orange tested it and it read 12V honked the horn and it drop down disconnected it and my horn stoped working not sure if that's the wire. When I attach the wire which is BROWN / black module it make weird noise like something is frying. founds thicker wire looks like dark blue maybe dark purple but I cant really tell tested that wire and it also, read 12v tested it and it also droped in volts when honking the horn so I not sure is it suppose to drop to 0 or just slowly drop down? Anyway thanks for the help/reply.
ar
babysho 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
jgstone wrote:
first of all you are looking for the wrong wire. it will be in plug to the left of the ignition harness just left of the steering column. if that taurus is a 89-96 the horn wire is yellow/light green if the taurus is 97-up then the wire is most likely Dark Blue in the same location.
Are you sure because the vehicle diagram for a 1999 ford taurus se indicates that the horn wire is PURPLE / orange.
ar

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic