icon

good sound quality

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b4km1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

I own 1997 honda civic si and planning to instal a good sound system. I want good sound quality. I did couple of researches and readings but until know I still confused. I can't decide because so many manufactures make a good products.

How can I choose a good amp? I readed that if you looking for a good amps you need to make sure that THD is .001 or lower. Is this for all class amps or not includs D class amp? Are THD and RMS numbers the only factors to judge if the amp is good? Not many companies telling THD number on their products spec sheet, like Rockford Fosgate they use IM distortion (IHF). What is the diffrent between THD and IM distortion?

What things I need to pay attention when I'm looking for speakers and subs? Do I only need to pay attention to RMS, frequency respond, and sensitivity? My brother got 2 Perfect 12.1D, are they any good?

I hope anyone can help me out, thx.

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

MB quart is the best in sound quality.

I have a pair of older 12" from them and they are really nice.  also i hear there speakers and components are sweet.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
remedyking 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

good sound Q cost money get your self good componet sets, head unit, amps, & subs. for SQ dont be scared to power the dog s**t out of them. with a good head unit and amp they wont play the low tones to hurt them. next  sub(s) look for a true sub and a class d amp to drive it. that is the start for great SQ.

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
big alt is must too. all that is power hungry
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
radioactive 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2003 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
it doesn't matter which name brand have with SQ you can make them sound like garbage, location and allignment is a must. THD (the lower number the better, most used) IM distortion is just more of a sensitive distortion to measure
"The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic