icon

civic keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
91civicdx 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
well i just finish putting my friend system on his 97 honda civic lx. everything works great but on the back of the stock tape deck there was two plugs the radio one and the one that controls the keyless and some light(plug is green). i was wondering if there is a plug that they make to bypass this or do i have to try to find a place to put the stock headunit so they work?
thanks
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
so your keyless doesnt work after installin the head unit?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
91civicdx 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
yeah there was 2 plug that went to the head unit. one was for the radio and the other one for the keyless and domelight. it all works if i plug the green plug on the stock headunit but there is no place to put the stock headunit at.
jgstone 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
there is a place to put the stock head unit. if you take the dash off under the radio it will fit vertically along the very front of the opening. it is a tight fit and you need to make sure that you give the factory unit power also, use harness' for the power, switched and ground. the radio will fit you just have to finess it a little. I know it fits because i've done probably 30 of them.
I like cars more than women, because their the perfect challenge.
          ___
______|    \___
|_0___|____0_ }
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
yeah you have to hide the stock readio behind the dash to keep the factory keyless! Only way around it is if you upgrade to a better alarm system
Cruisin Security And Sounds
dayzout 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Go and get your self a metra harness 70-1720T it has the extension and the radio will fit snugly in the lower dash as said under the radio behind the ashtray pannel You dont neet to connect the antenna to the orig radio just to the new one and all will be fine.
91civicdx 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guy. well it is for my friends car and i will be putting an alarm after he sell his car so we can finish the inside of his car. this is what we have so far; cva-1003 in-dash, faranheit dvd player, alpine v12 5 channel(dont know the model # of the top of my head), 6.5 type r componets,3 jl w3 dvc 4ohms in a seal box. plan to buy once he sell his other car; alarm not sure which one yet, 2 channel amp for the sub not sure yet but something better than the 5th channel on the alpine, tinted windows, and a new box ported to about 30htz. what kind of alarm do u guy recomend. price dont really matter.
thanks
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2003 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Its possible to get the domelight working by jumping two of the wires together in the green plug. Both will test as a door trigger wire when plugged into the factory radio. One of the wires is GREEN/ red, I don't remember the color of the other one.
You won't need to put the factory radio behind/below the factory radio if you add an alarm. As others have said, you should have used part # 70-1720T instead of a 70-1720 (Metra part numbers)
Or if you want, stash the radio below where it used to be. There is room. I've probably done about 10, although its been a couple years since the last one.
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2003 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
I believe you need to connect the lt. GREEN/ red to the lt. GREEN/ black of the alarm harness to make the domelight work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic