icon

Dome light/ door trigger PT Cruiser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
FredA1974 
Copper - Posts: 31
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2003 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

I am new to the Alarm/Remote start to the install world. I have a question about a PT Cruiser 2003. I am installing a DEI 554T (Hornet) in my car. I got it all I think, but not understanding what they mean about the door trigger and dome light sup. I understand that there is 3 wires Tan for the drivers door, Tan/Blk for the trunk, and Blu/Org for the 3 pass. doors. I get a neg. with the door open or close and with the dome on or off. I believe I need three diodes and 1 relay to make it all work but not sure how to hook it all up. Thanks for all and any help.

Second, I got the power keyless entry to work with the factory keyless entry. with the 650 res. and the 1000 res. I can not find the factory keyless entry above the radio in the car. I would like to remove this out of the car if at all possible.

Any and all feedback will be great. Thanks

FredA1974 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2003 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, after a long nite I was able to find the door trigger in the Pass. Kick Panel. It is 1 yellow wire. There is 2 yellow one there it is the lower gauge (thinner) one it is a (-) trigger. This wire works with all the doors and hatch. I am still unable to find the Keyless entry brian in the car though. If anyone knows where this is that would be great.

ituneyou 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2003 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

the keyless entry module is right ontop of the dash, so if you take the dash piece like you were trying to get the radio out, plus you have to get the whole top of the dash out  alot of work, dont do it unless you got alot of experiene.

good luck   steve
A man has got to know his limitations
FredA1974 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2003 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks I am good with taking stuff apart And I got everything working pretty good. I will try to take out the old brian and let you know what happends. Thanks again.

Fred

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic