icon

false trigger pt 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marlon c 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2003 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
I had a pretige installed in a 1999 Malibu and it also false triggers as if the door is open after 25-30 minutes. I read the replies for the 2003 Mustang, but is the solution the same for my car? T.Y.I.A.
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2003 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
I would say that it has to do with the GEM module powering down. Just use a relay like the other post said. Pin 85 to the door trigger(of the vehicle)Pin 86 to the oppisite of the polarity of pin 85. Pin 87 to ground or power depending on the polarity of the cars door trigger. Then run pin 30 to the proper alarm trigger. That should fix your problem. Good luck with it!
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
marlon c 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2003 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. But, do I need a relay for each door or just one for the drivers and one for the other doors. Plus, could you explain what you said about hooking up the relays in 3rd grade terms for a beginner like me. Or could you tell me how to hook up diodes cause I heard they were easier. T.Y.I.A
brianh 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
If you have multiple door triggers they should be diode isolated and then all tied to the relay at pin 85. Because they are negitive door triggers you sould wire a 1 amp diode inline with each one with the stripe facing toward the door trigger wire. Then take both triggers and tie one wire to the sides that dont have the stripe and take that wiire to pin 85. Wire pin 86 straight to a fused power source. Pin 87 will go to ground and pin 30 will go to the wire on your alarm system for negitive(green). You can get a relay at Autozone. Good luck with the install!
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
marlon c 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I'll try it this week.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2003 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need relays. Just use the two correct door trigger wires and diode-isolate them. Don't use the domelight as a door trigger.
Driver's door trigger is light GREEN/ black, in one of those flat plugs in the driver's kick panel.
The passenger doors are light blue, along the driver's doorsill, in the bundle of wires that is running sideways under the driver's seat.
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
I had a similar problem with a ford f150, it showed open doors after a length of time.  A diagram actually had both the door triggers being diode isolated as well as the wire running to the oem module.  The way the diodes faced was the striped side faced way from the alarm on the door trigger lead and the second has the band facing the oem module.  So if you were looking looking at the wire running to the door, one diode has the band facing the door and then going to the alarm then another diode goes on the same wire farther away from the door with the band facing the module.
marlon c 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
If I can just diode the doors, where do I put them and how are they to face? T.Y.I.A.
brianh 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Just use a one amp diode. Turn the band toward the factory wire and then connect it to the alarm wire. Do this for each door trigger wire in the car. Good luck!
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic