icon

4runner install help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ishinc 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
whatsup everybody! wow it's been a while since i've posted here, since i've completed my install. now i've traded in my van and bought a 2000 4runner and i'm planning to put some audio in it..hehe. the question is, where to find a nice looking dash kit for my car? does anybody have any pics they can show me? i want something so my single din deck doesn't stick out and is flush mounted...i can't seem to find then anywhere.. thanks a advance!
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
http://aolsearch.aol.com/redir.adp?Toyota%204Runner%20performance.. and http://www.thepartsbin.com/toyota_parts.html
what size speakers did u put in the front and back? and im happy to hear another person is pimpin the runner
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
easiest way to do that is to redrill holes in the ISO mount brackets.  Line up the front of the face plate with the pocket underneath the deck, drill the new in the bracket that coincide with the holes on the side of the deck.  just b/c there are holes there already, doesn't mean you have to use 'em.  This makes it look 10x's better, and I get to charge and extra $20 bucks to do it : )   
Ishinc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
that is exactly what i needed to know, wasnt' sure if that was possible! my next question is. since i hear the stock amp is pretty bad, i want to just use my decks amp, is there any special wiring i need to know? i think the harness goes to stock amp then speakers, how do i go straight to the speakers? thanks!
Ishinc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
in addition to the question above. my stock deck is connected to a factory amp. it looks like i can either buy a special harness (hooks to the rca in back of my deck)to use the factory amp or buy a regular harness to use without the factory amp (look like i can unplug it from the bottom of the factory amp, plugs look like the regular toyota plugs). can anybody verify this? also, my alpine deck is 4x40W = 160w. i read somewhere the factory amp is 200W, is this true? what should i use? the factory amp or not? which will give my better sound? my alpine or the factory amp? hehe sorry for the long and confusing post. thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic