icon

Sony Xplod Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wmosher 
Copper - Posts: 28
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Sony Xplod CDX-M600. It works fine besides the point that i insert a cd and it says 'ERROR' and ejects the cd. If anyone could help. please email me at wmosher3@tampabay.rr.com
thanx
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Does it do it with all cd's or are you trying to put a burnt cd in it?? Seen that problem before using cd's that had been copied.
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of cd is it?  If the cd is a CDR or a CDRW then the cd player may not support it.  Also if it is an MP3 cd then you need to make sure that the format for the disc is correct.

Ken

wmosher 
Copper - Posts: 28
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
nah, just regular cd's
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
your lense is most likely dirts, run a lense cleaner and it should work, otherwise blow the deck clean with compressed air...if you are able to remove the deck, take off the top cover and clean the lense with a cotton q-tip and rubbing alcohol..if the problem is still there...blame sony and get a new deck
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem with a sony cd deck I used to have (and some idiot actually broke into my car and stole it).  I tried all of those things in regards to cleaning.  From lense cleaning cds to compressed air to removing the cover and swabbing the with lense cleaner and nothing.  For me to listen to my cd's i actually had to make copies and use the copies.  It's wouldn't play regular cd's at all.  I would trash that sony and get a better unit.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Sony Xplod Problems -- posted image.
muzikmannn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
i gotta agree. sony has some excellent products but car audio is certainly there worst from my experience.
wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
the lense may be dirty, but most people overlook that the laser needs to fire at almost exactly 90 degrees on the CD.  a mis-alignment of the lense is also a very probable cause.  Crappy thing about it is it's usually in the vicinity of 100 buckes to fix it.  so, the way i explain it to customers is that it is usually better to invest the money into a new deck.  I agree with sony being overpriced for the output on everything BUT the ES line.  Super clean output, and some are using the Burr-Brown D/A converters (one of the best in audio, period).  But, you pay for it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic