the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Weird Feedback Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2003 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sup guys. Well I thought my system was complete till I played it and got some serious feedback (pics coming up). Here's some background info. I stripped the car and ran the power and remote on the left side and the rca's down the right side. They don't even cross. Secured a ground in the trunk right behind the back seats. Hooked everything up and I hear some really loud feedback. I set the gain really low and the feedback is still there and still is loud. This is the feedback that comes on when you start the ignition and goes with the rpm's. So I took everything apart and checked everything. No mistakes, everything is neat and not crossing. But there still is feedback. Now here's the strange thing, when I connnected a ground wire to one of the RCA wire in the back of the radio the feedback went away by 75%. Never had this problem with any of my other systems, so I'm stumped.Please guys, if you can give me some advice I would really appreciate it. I'm at the point where I'll just hook up a ground to the RCA wire and live with the 25% feedback.
I know it has something to do with the ground, but all of my grounds are secure.
Oh yeah the gear that's hooked up is a Pioneer avh-p7500dvd (touch screen in dash dvd), pioneer 7600 digital eq, and 4 kicker amps in the trunk. Laterz
wizzle 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
try testing the system by hooking up another RCA wire.  run it over panels and carpet or whatever, just need to test the already install RCA wire.  RCA's are very notorious for noise induction problems, but also for feed back problems.  another thing to check is your ground.  make sure that is less then 1 ohm.  anything higher could also be giving you  noise problems.  hope this helps. by the way, was there already a ground coming off of the RCA wire?  if it is at the deck side, it is possible that the RCA wire is run in the wrong direction.  Some RCA's can be connected any which way, but some RCA's have a designated deck and amp/whatever side.   this ground wire is actually a noise dump.  Grounding this wire after the length of the run helps eliminate alot of the noise out of the wire.  Monster Cable is great for this by the way.  anyways, good luck 
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2003 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
Is your digital eq and amps grounded to the same spot? If not, try making a common grounding point for them. Also make sure you sanded down your grounding spot. Behind the rear seats is a common grounding point, but most cars have the chassis painted (including some of the mounting studs). Make sure it is bare, clean metal for your contact point.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic