icon

NewB Questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seven 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2003 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hi i am new to audio and i am trying to install a system in a 03' Tiburon..  I have already installed my system just want of fix all my problems :-(

Equipment:

Deck:  Panasonic CQDF783 MP3 Car CD Deck

Amp:  1200Watt L.A Audio 1200.2 [2 ohm stable]

Subs: 2 Audiobahn 12" 400 RMS

Wiring: 4g with Stringer Fuse (High Res) Grounded to trunk (no paint between ground & frame)

Got a whole bunch of questions:

1) Whats the best wiring setup for 2 DVC subs? http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/tech.html#  at the bottom theres some wiring diagram (Parallel - Parallel) (Parallel - Series) (Series - Parallel) (Series - Series) so many options...  I sortof understand the whole Ohms and all that..

2) The lights dim when the system pumps.. I read that a cap would help but its not a true fix just a temp fix

3) How do most of you adjust your amps... Some audio stores say to just set ur deck to -12db and set everyting on the amp to minimum then raise everything slowly till the bass is just right..

4) I have a bridgable amp should i bridge both my subs...?

5) I have a laptop and i would like to add the audio out to connect to my system..  Theres only two options i know is upgrading my deck for an AuX in or getting an FM mod..  FM mods are sh*t.... and my deck doesn't have an AuX in only a CD-In and 2 preouts.. (Front/Back)... 

6) Ignited Push Button Starter...  Good/Bad easy install etc..

7) Neon EL Tape

NewB Questions - Last Post -- posted image.

if i run this parallel to my speaker cable.. will there be any problems /noise?

i think i have asked enough...

THanx for any response... 

- Seven

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2003 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

1) We need to know the model number of the subs in order to know how many ohms they are. Then we can tell you how to wire them to the amp.

2) You have that right if your lights are dimming that is a sign that your charging can’t keep up with the current that your system draws. The only real solution would be a high out put alternator. I would not waste your money on a capacitor it will not generate any more current then your charging system can already put out.

3) Adjusting the amps, I usually guess where things should be at. I normally set the low pass X-0ver to 80 turn all the DB's to about half way.  Then I adjust the gain https://incolor.inebraska.com/weisinator/car-audio-basics/set_amp_gains.htm once that is all set I go back and then keep doing it until I have the sound I desire. Should take about 10 to 15 minuets.

4) As far as bridging your amp we need to know the model # of the subs and amp to figure out how many ohms everything is. Do you know the lowest ohms your amp can go bridged?

5) For the signal from the laptop you will need a 3.5mm to RCA.  As far as hooking the RCA''s to the head unit your only option on that unit would be the FM modular.

6) I would never install one in my car, I want all the security I can get, As far as the actual install goes I have never installed one but they have plenty of kits out there and I'm sure they are not that difficult to install. You might want to post that question in car security or general discussion.

7) I have never run them parallel to a signal cable. But there is a 50 50 chance that you could get interference. I would suggest that you try it and see what happens.

But get back to me with the model #s and I will tell you how to wire everything and whether or not to bridge the subs to the amp.

seven 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

heres the model #

AW1251T

12” NATURAL SOUND WOOFER
45 oz. Strontium Magnet
Power Handling: 400 watts R.M.S.
Frequency Response: 24Hz - 1kHz
Efficiency: 92.1 dB
PHAT Foam Surround
Non- Pressed, Non-Transfer Paper Cone
KM3’ Coated for Virtually No Cone Distortion
2” 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil
Dual 4 Ohm
2 Ohm or 8 Ohm Operation
Mounting Dimensions: Depth; 5 1/4” Hole; 10 7/8” Diameter; 12 1/2”
Lug Lock Terminals

bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2003 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the power specs for the AMP?
busy_pizzaman 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2003 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

for the laptop question, use this problem as a blessing, get a new headunit but stay away from panisonic, i got a premier and it has a aux jack on the back like a headphone jack, then I just bough a cable from radio shack and keep it coiled in my glovebox. the laptop is the only way to go for watching dvd's and really long audio lists. Hope this helped.

Good Luck, Michael M
seven 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2003 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
CA1200.2 1200W Max Amplifier
- 300W x 2 @ 4ohms
- 600W x 2 @ 2ohms
- 1200W x 1 @ 4ohms
- >93dB S/N Ratio
- Measures (WxHxL): 12.05x1.96x13.78
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

You will get the same amount of power if you run it in a 2 channel configuration as you would if you were to bridge it. If you wanted to run in a 2 channel configuration, wire each sub in parallel to one of the 2 channels on the amp (top diagram) http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/wiring/parallel_parallel_dual_4.pdf

If you want to bridge both subs to a 1 channel configuration wire it in series-parallel (2nd diagram) http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/wiring/parallel_series_dual_4_ohm.pdf but either way you wire it you will get 600 watts per sub

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic