icon

Viper 790XV Remote Beeping Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b4tn 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2003 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes, I cant pin it down to a specific sequence, my remote will beep twice (armed) then beep one more time and flash the [sensor 1] icon. According to the book it means the sensor has been disabled. If I tap the car it sets of the warn chirps so the sensor is still working. If I disarm and re-arm the [sensor 1] icon goes away. Any ideas why this is happening?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2003 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Try waiting a couple seconds after you close the last door to arm the alarm. It won't give you that sensor 1 warning. I see it all the time. Its because the shock sensor is still "ringing" from the impact of the door being slammed. After a few seconds, the alarm and shock sensor will still function as normal.
b4tn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have a few questions.
First upon entering the remote config mode on the remote if you press the Aux button once the hood icon lights up, pressing it again both hood and trunk icon light up, press it a third time and the only the trunk icon lights up. The instruction manual doesn’t say what this is for.
Second I have a solenoid wired to my aux button for my trunk pop. When I pop the trunk with the alarm armed the siren will not go off. If I open the trunk with the key the alarm will go off. If I open the trunk with the aux button while armed and let it drop the shock sensor will not go off. Does the aux button disable the alarm while the trunk is open?
And third my shock sensor doesn’t really act like a dual stage. If I hit slap the car, sometimes it will give warning chirps but most of the time it just sets off the alarm. Generally does the shock sensor need adjusted from factory settings to match the car? Mine is mounted to my steering column maybe I should move it?
geotexz71 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2003 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
You don't say if you had it professionally installed or did it yourself, but this may help:
1. Don't know. Never needed to adjust this as I have triggers on both zones.
2. No, it is not inherent (built-in). Most pro-installers will set up a bypass on at least the trunk trigger (pin-switch/light switch) though when the release channel is triggered. Most pros won't bypass the shock sensor. However, it is not uncommon for a forward-located shock sensor with sensitivity down not to detect a thump in the truck. May need a better location for the shock sensor or to increase it's sensitivity. I personally like to install them in the center of the vehicle. A great example is a full-size pick-up truck. If you install the sensor somewhere around the column, it's not unusual for it to pick up vibration to the front end and cab, but completely miss a tailgate slam on the end of that 8-ft bed with a suspension to dampen the shock - especially true with capped beds it seems! If you try to compensate by turning the sensitivity up to get the tailgate, thunder sets it off. Easiest just to locate better IMO.
3. Since you indicate you do get the warn away, then it is connected properly. You may need to tune the sensitivity a bit. Also, you're likely activating the NPC with your test attempts. This bypasses the warn away, so the next big vibration will set full alarm. NPC bypasses any zone that's triggered 3 time in an hour. This might also explain your trunk drop. To reset NPC, you disarm and turn the ignition on.
wotteg 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Good Question.
The documentation for the 791 doesn't mention the AUX button's funcitonality in the remote programming menu either.
Anyone know what these mean?
wotteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
If your dome light fades out or is using the 60 second timer then it will cause this behavior. Only if you activate the alarm while the light is still on, or fading out. Says so in either the instruciton or owner's manual.
b4tn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
I dont follow what your saying. I must have read the manual over 20 times and havent heard any mention of the aux button in remote programing
b4tn 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I installed the alarm myself. I found a way to make the shock sensor respond better. I ended up putting it on a large trunk of wires instead. THis made it give both stages all the time.
Still trying to figure out the remote though.
wotteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
My apologies, looks like my first post in reference to the AUX button, ended up in this thread instead of the correct one. Viper 790XV Remote Beeping Issue -- posted image.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2003 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
About the alarm not wailing when you open the trunk, that is normal for viper alarms. Yes, it IS built in. Sorry geotexz71, your information was incorrect.       
    When you trigger the aux channel, the alarm bypasses all triggers except the door trigger. If the brain sees negative on the trunk trigger wire, it will continue to bypass all triggers until 5 seconds after the negative is removed. Thats why it wont go off untill after you shut the trunk. The reson it will go off when you open it with the key is because you didnt use the aux channel on yer alarm, therefore the trunk trigger was not bypassed. Here is the direct quote from the viper install manual:   "There are times when you need to temporarily bypass all sensor inputs to the unit, such as when remote starting the vehicle. Anytime an auxilary output is used, all inputs are bypassed for 5 seconds. During the 5 second bypass period, ground can be supplied to the H1/6 Blue wire without triggering the unit. When the 5 second bypass period ends, if the units sees ground on the H1/6 Blue wire, all trigger inputs except the door trigger input will remain bypassed until 5 seconds after ground is removed from the BLUE wire."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic