icon

wheel fitment

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

yeh i would like to buy a set of 22 inch wheels for my 96 s-10. I have been searchin around and i know that the wheels i want to get are 29.3 inches tall. To put these on my truck would i have to do anything special to my supsension or my frame to keep them from rubbing?? I know 20's will fit but im not sure about 22's. could anybody shed sme light on this subject?? Thanks

Wes 

iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2003 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
22's without lowering, should not be a problem with low pros... you might a slight bit of rub when steering, but i dont think so... just my thoughts
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
it depends on how you want your truck to look. i have 22's on my 70 buick skylark droptop at first i had 22 inch spokes on it. the tires were 285 30 22  of course i had to get my car raised up with 454 springs/coils in the front and air shocks in the back i was still scraping but not bad just over bumps and pot holes now i have 22 inch limited 701 rims on 265 35 22 inch pirreli and i dont scrape at all so it boils down to how you want your ride to look if you order car feet then it should work with out spending a dime but if you get truck feet you are gonna have to go to your local car x shop
goingcrazyonsound
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
also you will either get your truck raised or dropped like i said it all depends on how you want your ride to look
goingcrazyonsound

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic