Emergency door unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
babas151 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

OK i had this idea ...

i'm always forgetting things in the wrong places ...for example my car keys in the ignition on the on position and locked my self out ...

What i wanted to do was place a push button outside of the car in a hidden place that would enable me to open the car form outside, that  if held for like 5 secs would trigger the door unlock fuction...

I can make it  work except for the "5 seconds"

CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of car?????
Cruisin Security And Sounds
CBates 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
let us know what kind of car you have, and we can tell you what you need to do.....I can tell you that it is a simple thing to do.
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.....
babas151 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
i have an 89 civcLX 4 door
CBates 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thats even better, you dont even need a relay for this one. All you need to do is run one side of a momentary switch to ground, and the other side to the unlock wire located in the drivers door. It should be a GREEN/ red wire. I would test it just to make sure though. You will have three wires on the switch. One will read constand ground, one will read ground when you press the lock button, and one will read ground when you press the unlock button. I would mount the switch in a spot thats not too exposed to the weather. Good luck.
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.....
babas151 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
thanks i was told the same about the weather and i was thinking of using some kind of key swithch like a key pad magnetic switch , something out of the ordinary just to stand out....
iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
ok im sure there are tons of easier ways to do this but, my buddy got one of these and it works great, get one from autoloc, its called a glass saver or battery booster or something like that, its meant for shaved door handles, for if your battery goes dead, but he used it in an application just like that... check them out.. its probobly autoloc.com but im not sure... it works well and holds up to any weather... you can set it to only work with a certain pattern also
babas151 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2003 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
what is it that he got ?
iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2003 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
im not 100% sure, but i think its called a emergency release kit by autoloc... check them out or call them 1886-866-1315... they should have it and anything else you could need... they have flame thrower kits, lambo hinges.. anything
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2003 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

hi why dont you take a magnetic reed switch wire it to you door locks mount the switch somewheres in the car and also put a magnet behind gas cap door or somewher else when your locked out get magnet touch to where switch is and boom your door unlock i was going to d=o this when my wife remote started the car then got out to talk to someone  it timed out and locked doors with keys and sleeping newborn in car

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic