icon

this is my system reccommendations wanted

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dgreaves 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2002 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

hi i have a blaupunkt honolulu cd head unit to a power acoustic pwm20 crossover / parametric eq to a pyramid pb670gx 4ch amp the amp is briged at one side and runs a jl audio powerwedge witjh 3 10inch subs at 4 ohms mono in a sealed box the other 2 channels play 6.5 sony 1621 explodes 3way parralled to hurricane tweeters ive been told my subs are severly under powered what do u guys think also my cd player plays only some cds some it plays quite scratchy what can cause this my vehicle is an opel corsa 2dr

any help will be greatly appreciated also just what u think

GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2002 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
honest opinion?
dump the blaupunkt. never liked anything they made anyway. Go Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer Premiere, or perhaps JVC Digifine or El Kameleon
Power Acoustic isn't that great either but ya can't really mess up a crossover or a parametric EQ as long as it's "clean" with low signal loss and low distortion and s/n ratio.
Pyramid is total, absolute, and unquestionable crapola. Lose that amp. Look at Rockford Fosgate, Orion, MTX, US Amps, McIntosh (expensive), MA Audio maybe (not sure there but look good from what I've seen), or soemone else who builds GOOD amplifiers, worth their weight. Then get a good power distribution setup for the amp(s) like appropriate gauge cable (4AWG?), fuse block, distro block, deep cycle battery, and perhaps a bigger alternator if needed. stiffening cap(s) optional.
Get decent component separates. Focal, Crystal Audio, infinity Kappa or Reference, MB Quart, JL Audio, something good.. not that Sony junk. The only thing sony can do half-way right is direct-view televisions.
JL Audio subs? Good choice. Now be sure you have a GOOD box for them, properly braced, polyfill, sealed for those subs for sure, and with appropriate damping material to cancel standing wave reflection etc. If you're gonna do it, do it right.
Hurricane tweeters. never heard of them, however if ya get good component separates as noted above, you get a 6.5" midbass, a 1" dome tweeter and crossover all in the set. (pair of that is)
consider other tricks like sound damping the car's interior using Dynamat-type materials if needed to improve sound quality and reduce rattle or loss of efficiency through metal vibration.
Choose something for decent rear fill like another set of good components or coaxials to match the fronts.
I'd recommend a separate amplifier for subs and for fronts/rears (6 channels total)
Remember to fuse everything properly, etc etc.. do it right and it makes a night and day difference with good equipment.
I realize I was a bit harsh there but I gave my honest opinions. Take it as just that, and not as criticism of your choices in equipment or anything. Hey, my first system was a kenwood tape deck, a pair of 4" sony coaxials, and a pair of sparkomatic 6x9s in boxes if I recall, when I was about 17. LOL We all start somewhere.
my next systems of course, improved from there. They're detailed in the link in my sig. :)
peace
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2002 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

One thing to add is alpines top of the line components sound great. They do not make them, they are made in germany and i believe focal makes them but they are a pretty penny verry very expensive. And they have a hell of a crossover network on them .this is my system reccommendations wanted -- posted image. I have installed them in a 300 zx they sound (GREAT). OH yeah glass wolf the(PPI) amp he is selling is the A600 two channel amp. 150 WATTS RMS BY TWO AT 4 OHMS .AWESOME AMP I THINK I WANT IT .this is my system reccommendations wanted -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic