icon

subwoofer advice for me plz!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
looking at the specs for infinity 12.1 kappa perfect  they look realy good, 96db sensitivity and 400w rms, has any body owned or hear infinity, what is the quality of them and does anybody reccomend them, if not what is something i should look for? (eclipse, mtx, orion, clarion, pioneer, alpine, sony, polk, jl, kicker, nacumichi)?
Quad L Handyman services
samdub 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
the perfects are good but kicker l7 are great
audiodesign 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
I totally agree I installed 4 L7's in a custom box measuring about 4.25 cubic ft. total and you can hear it for blocks away. it all depends on what you want before that i had 3 ppi pro12's in my personal car and also you can hear it blocks away. it depends on the car the speaker and enclosure MAKE SURE IT IS AIR TIGHT!!! any questions just ask.
crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 12" eclipse aluminum.....for the money you cant beat the balance of sq/spl
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
well if i went with the infinity i would put two pairs in isobarics. if any thing else i would have to decide(price)
Quad L Handyman services
Lebult 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  

I have 2 12" Infinity's

They're not the Perfects, but they still sound amazing. Great, strong base, but clean, and tight (I guess that has to do with my box too) I can only imagine what the Perfects sound like. I was thinking of selling my 12"s and getting some perfects, since my amp is more than enough power to take 2 12" Perfects.

94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
i just recently purchased a single 12.1 perfect for my 94 bonny, i am overpowering it by 50 watts at 400rms and i am very impressed.  i was not in the market for neighbor for a neighbor waking sub, more for a sq but i got both, the sound quality is amazing and the 12 pounds really hard. i may sometime in the future add a second perfect but for now the perfect is amazing, i highly recomend the 12.1 perfect
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
a post question, can any vouch for the supposed difference of an isobaric setup?
Quad L Handyman services
specialblendj 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2003 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

I'm about to buy a Audiobahn Flame Q 1206T 12" Subwoofer, and eventually two more.  Anyone have anything to say about these or audiobahn's in general.  I like them because they have an aluminum cone, a 120oz. magnet, 96.4dB sensitivity, and 1100 watts power handling.  I plan to run 1050 watts to each sub with rockford fosgate amps.(3)  These subs seem to have really impressive features compared to other subs in the sam price range.  And you can get them on ebay for 115.00 dollars each before shipping.

Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2003 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I'm just a little curious as to how you're going to get 1050 watts to each sub. Out of which RF amp?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic