icon

Satellite antenna install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
k67p67 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
I'm about to install a Terk SIR3 Sirius Satellite antenna in a 2K2 Accord coupe. How easy is it to pass the wires under the rear window molding. I'm curious because I know the connectors are approx. 1/4" square and 1" long. Who's done this install?
samdub 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2003 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
if its a magnetic mount ant i would just stick it too the trunk lid. if not going around under the window trim shouldnt be too bad if its wide enough to cover the cable and lay back down over it
k67p67 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I received the equipment today. I'm having a difficult time running the antenna wire around the rear window molding. Has anyone done this install in a 98-02 Accord? The molding is pretty rigid around the window. There is some elasticity around the body frame side of the molding but very little room.
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
you are much better putting it on the trunk lid in this car
Cruisin Security And Sounds
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

what are you using to spread the molding from the window?  Try using a plastic putty knife.

Cris
k67p67 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
I thought about putting it on the trunk lid but afraid some idiot will be tempted to walk away with it. I finished running it under the molding a couple of days ago. It looks good (well as good as it can look after ruining the lines of the car) except for the bottom corner of the rear window. It's near impossible to tuck the wire under the molding since it's so tight there. I was using a pick and to separate the molding and a parking card from work (worked really well due to it's rigidity) to push the wire under the molding.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic