icon

Passlock II disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
miked73 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2003 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
I was installing a remote starter, alarm combo into a 98 chevy blazer and I cannot get the factory security system to disarm. I initially tried the factory disarm wire coming off the remote starter to disarm the light green wire that shows groung when a key is inserted into the ignition switch. The vehicle turns over but will not start. I also tried to use a bypass module from another company and I got it to start twice and now it trips the factory security system and will not start the vehicle. Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Jtronx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2003 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
If the factory alarm is a Passlock unit look to see if the vehicle key has a chip in it. You will need to use the Ohm Meter and measure the resistance to find out the resistor value you'll need.
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
There are a couple way to bypass GM Passlock 2 system. You can use a DEI 555L module or use a relay with the correct resister to bypass it.
PassLock 2
Good luck.
miked73 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
No the key does not have a chip in it.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
You have Passlock 2. As recommended above get a DEI 555L. There is no "chip" or resistor in the key, it is actually in the ignition switch. Kinda hard to explain exactly how it works.
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
when you say bypass security are you refering to the passlock or an actual keyless entry unit installed from the factory (with a remote that basically just opens the doors)?
If your talking about the security that stops the truck from being stolen (passlock) then the truck should start then die right away. Passlock cuts fuel to the engine but doesn't usually effect the startup. Double check the resistor value and remember that you have to measure the value after attempting to crank the truck. Unless you are using the programmable type bypass.
miked73 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Also I purchased a remote starter that only has 2 ignition wires. The 98 Blazer has 3 wires that need to be powered right? Do I need to use relays to power up the third wire? Yes I am talking about the passlock II system.
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
yes, use a relay to power the 3rd ign. I've used the pldata frequently to bypass passlock II and it works perfectly, try that!
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic