icon

67 Camaro wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pfitz 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2003 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have looked all over and can not find any wiring diagrams for a 67 Camaro!

This car is completely origional(even paint!) and the last owner wired in a CD player.  When the car is running, if you honk the horn the CD player lights up!  AND the horn isn't too hot either.

The guy is bringing the car down next week, I know I can find the problem eventually, but some wire colors would sure be a nice place to start!67 Camaro wiring? -- posted image.

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2003 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
thats a nice car im sry i can't help you any
Quad L Handyman services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2003 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think wiring diagrams would help you that much, since surely the car's audio system wiring is nearly all aftermarket work anyway.
The original system probably consisted of an AM radio with just a single speaker, and no constant power going to the radio. So you can be sure that at the very least, the CD player has new speaker and constant wires. They probably got constant at the fuse box.
My first guess would be that (somehow, I have no idea how) they mistakenly connected one of the CD player's wires to the horn wire in the car......now all you should have to do is test and find out which one.
Just test each wire going to the radio for proper function-------is constant really constant? Is it still constant when you blow the horn? Then move on to the next wire and test again until you find the problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic