the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How do u install a PS2 in the glove box?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03civic 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2003 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know how to put a PS2 in the glove box of a 03 civic coupe?  Thanks
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well, you need to modify the glove box so that the PS2 will fit in there and stay in place without moving around. Also you will need install a power inverter so you can plug your PS2 in. The power inverter could easily be mounted under the passenger seat. This is the easy answer. BE CREATIVE!
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
The biggest issue I've come across in mounting game consoles so far is the vibration of them. You can mount them if you think outside of the box a little, but it's getting the game not to skip that's the pain.
      In the old days, games were cartidges with almost solid-state circuits, so barring an accident, it was almost impossible to interrupt them. Nowadays, the games are all on DVD-ROMs with a laser pickup. Unlike the car audio CD laser pickups, which often have several lasers reading the disc, the game consoles usually only have one since they are meant to be stationary.
     The last one I did was an Xbox into a Tacoma, but I used air-filled pouches to buffer the system against vibration from it's aluminum mounting.
Cary
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
What do you do the help the ventilation of the game. Sticking in the glove box would cause it to over heat. Do you usually do add fans? Never installed it in a glove box. Ususally under seats. Would like to start mounting them in different places. Just concerned about it over heating.
Cris
Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2003 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
A PS2 has a fan on it and i dont think unless your going cross country on a tank of gas its a worry i got a PS2 in my ride but im only 18 and you know whatdo i know about custom install i did all the work on my ride check out my whip http://members.cardomain.com/kwickymart
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2003 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
My friend has a '01 Saleen.  He had it professional installed in the center console.  All you see is the eject button and the tray.  It was really custom, they have to dismantle the PS2 and "set it up" in the console.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic