icon

Are remote starts a good idea?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dhk223 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2003 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to get a system that has a remote start, but are there any negatives in getting one.Meaning, can an installer screw up my SUV if he doesn't know what he is doing?I'm just wondering if the added convenience is worth messing around my SUV.The same question goes for security systems in general. I don't live in a high risk area,I just want to get keyless and stuff for convenience. Is it worth it?If this is a asinine question, I'm really sorry!

c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
I personally believe R/S are great. Of course someone can screw up your car(but that's why you should take your vehicle to a reputable company that's been in business for a while, who stands behind their work 100%). If you feel you don't want or need an alarm, you can add a r/s to your existing factory keyless. I have a 2003 SUV that had 17 miles on it when I installed the r\s. But that's what I wanted so that's what I did. Decide what you want, then do it.
Have fun!
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
I think remote starters are awesome....and the same for alarms.   I have my alarm more for the fun of it rather than security. I like adding bells and whistles (trunk pop, headlight on/off), stuff like that.
In terms of the remote starter, I'm no expert...and I've never screwed up a car. I was a little paranoid because a dealer once told me that it would kill the car's starter after a while. I don't think he's right, though.
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic