Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Where is a good place to mount the antenna? Can it be mounted on the dashboard
If It's Too LOUD Your Too OLD
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
From experience most cars will get OK reception if you mount the antenna inside the vehicle. The best place to mount the antenna is on the outside of the vehicle where it has a clear line of sight to the sky (not under a spoiler for example). The most convenient locations are on the roof by the rear window or on the trunk lid.
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
never mount the ant. inside the car on the dash. You will experience problems down the road and not get the sound quality you would want from sat. radio. I agree w/ Viper, put it on the roof or trunk lid
Cruisin Security And Sounds
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen many of the antennas mounted above the rear window. I have personally mounted the antennas on the roof above doors, as well as on the trunk lid. As far as doing them above the rear window, does anyone know how this is being done w/o causing problems with the rear window seal? I know the newer cars are comming stock like this, however, I have also seen older model cars with the sat. antenna installed in that place. I was curious if anyone knows how this is being done.. again with out corrupting the integrity of the rear window seal?
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Some cars you are unable to mount the sat. radio on the roof like the new accords, there is just no room to hide the ant. wire. This is usually done by prying up the weather stripping around the rear window (with a small pick) then simply shove the wire behind it so that it is unable to see.
Cruisin Security And Sounds

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic