icon

Sub Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thugstyle 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have two pioneer 12" 450IMP subs in a dual box..What would be the best location in the trunk for them..facing in? out? up?
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

my best solution is it test  all the postions out, sure its lil work...but i think once ya find the sweet spot you'd be happy.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Testing is the key. More often than not you will find that having them face the back of the boot right at the back of your trunk you will get the best in car bass response. But basically upto you depending on trunk space and what not.
radioactive 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  

does you back seat fold down? if so i would place in the middle your box with your subs toward the rear.--> (my friend has the same subs with a directed 1000d and is almost unbearable in a cutlass) if your seat doesnt fold down then move you same positioned box about 5-7 inches from the rear. see how that works.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning"
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
The most common position is subs facing the rear. But try out the different positions, it's more personal preference than anything else.
And yes, putting the seats down will change the sound. So will rolling the windows down. You effectivly change the airspace for the sound waves to use. So try out some different locations/positions and place them where you like the sound the best
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
c.c. 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
facing them upwards might cause a slight phase problem if your rear deck speakers do not have a crossover on them.  but the only way to find the best location is to experiment.
toyota echo...perfect sound named vehicle

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic