icon

Finally...got the new system in

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2003 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys just wanted to menition that I got my new stuff installed this weekend, 12" Eclipse Aluminum sub and JBL 600.1 amp with 4 AWG amp kit.  Thanks for the help in picking my setup (especially Bberman1) it sounds amazing....

Quick question though....what do you guys think is the best technique for tuning the amp so that the sub can break in properly? Im not really sure where i should set the crossover and gain ideally so I do not damage the sub...Thanks again guys

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

If you know the output voltage of your headunit set your input on the amp to the correct voltage (If you dont know the voltage use this method https://incolor.inebraska.com/weisinator/car-audio-basics/set_amp_gains.htm ). Set your Low pass filter (LPF) to 80-100 HZ. And set your Bass boost to what ever your prefrence may be ( I always end up turning mine up all the way) . Glad to hear that you are happy with the set up. Do you think that your 1 sub hits just as hard as the 2 type r's you were thinking about getting?  Also what do you think of the SPL and SQ?

crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

The thing hits real hard, I'm sure once its broken in it will hit just as hard as the Type R's......I think I have 4 volt preouts on the amp but Im not sure Ill have to check. Just out of curiousity, what happens if you set the volatge too high?

ricetech 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
ok if you set the voltage too high (ex. the deck has 2 volt preouts and you set the amp input to 4 volts) nothing. the gain will just be real low.
however if you do the oppisite (set the amp at 2 volts when the deck is at 4) you can get clipping. which is when the gain is too high and instead of a normal wave the top and bottom are cut off. this WILL damage equipment. Good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic