icon

Perimeter Microwave Sensor Question.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
appstate11 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

I don't have a convertible so I am not sure if I even really need a perimeter sensor but I may just for the heck of it. My alarm has a 3 pin input that it says can but used for a ultrasonic, microwave or glass breakage sensor. The only perimeter sensors that I find have four wire leads to them:

black------->gorund

green------->exterior trigger

blue------->interior trigger

red------->12V+

the wire diagram for my alarm doesn't show what the sensor input pins are so how would i install this. I mean if the sensor has a 4 pin lead put my alarm input is only accepts a 3 pin lead. Does this mean that i can only use a single stage sensor with this input? i Mean do i just connect the negative, positive and interior trigger to a 3 pin lead and hook it intop the alram. OR I do have a dual stage stage shock sensor with 4 wires blue, white, black, red i am pretty sure that i can splice the blue and white wires and hook in the green and blue from the perimeter sensor to one of each but have to figure out which is the pre warning and the full trigger leads. I have a Stingpro dx710 alarm http://www.stingpro.com/category8.htm I would appreciate any help someone can give me. Also if anyone has a sensor hooked up how well do they work and are they worth getting if i dont have a convertible but have a habit of leaving my windows down. Thank you so much

Mr.Swifty 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  

Ok Red wire goes to a constant 12v+ source

Black will go to youre Negative when armed out (diode isolate it if youre using it for starter/ignigion kill...cut the wire, attach the black lead to the alarm side, then diode with band facing the alarm, and then the wire for the starter kill on the other side)

Green and blue wires will tap into the shock sensor wires, or your alarm should have inputs for and aux. sensor.

Good luck

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
Connect the interior trigger (blue) to the trigger wire on your current shock sensor.
Leave the exterior trigger taped up for future use.
Mr.Swifty 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm comes with a dual zone shock.....there for the dual zone radar will work fine
appstate11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean? use the radar sensor and plug it in to the spot where the shock sensor goes and not use the shock sensor or do you mean wire in the radar sensor with the shock sensor
Mr.Swifty 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor will have 4 wires as well....one 12v+ one ground, and 2 trigger wires....tap into the 2 trigger wires, somewhere after the alarm and before the sensor itself, so you will be using both sensors
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=18456&PN=4
See this post for further instructions
appstate11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies i really appreciate it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.