icon

Compustar 2WFM-AS shock sensor not workin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b_lum81 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

I've recently had my compustar alarm installed by a local car audio place and everything appears to be working ok except for the dual stage shock sensor.  I'm reluctant to go back to the place where I had it installed because they don't seem to want to help me out.

anyways, from what I know, on the actual shock sensor there is a dial with numbers from 0-10, 10 being the highest, and I currently have it set between 7 and 8, and there is an orange light blinking one the sensor after I unarm the car, but I don't get any response when I'm trying to test it out.  I've tried kicking the tires, as well as hitting the glass in different spots and nothing seems to want to set off the alarm.

They briefly mentioned to me that I will need to wait 30 seconds, but I was unsure if its 30 seconds after I make the change then arm the car, or wait 30 seconds after I arm the car then test it out.

does anyone have any input or suggestions that can help me out?

Mr.Swifty 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
the setting of 7 or 8 is pretty high....it should be set off quite easily.....try this....arm the car....then wait the 30seconds to 1 miniute....I give it one miniute, cause when waiting, 30 seconds can seem like 3 mins....I just time it with a watch.....and try tapping the sensor itself, it should be easy to set off the shock sensor  that way...if it works try turning it up until the desired level.......but you paid good money for that alarm, and a QUALITY shop will fix any problems with their install, or waranty problems with product they sell.....provided the consumer has not tampered with the install in any way (adjusting the sensor excluded)
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
where is the sensor mounted?
b_lum81 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2003 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
The installer mounted it inside the dash basically where my right knee would be (cept a lil lower).  From other posts that I've read, people have been saying that the shock sensor should be located on the steering column.  I apologize now for the noob question but do you think where I have mine placed now is close enough to the sensor?
elrayodesinaloa 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Well some sensors work best by securing them to a firm surface such as, yes the steering column but not necesarily they need to be there. On the compustars that I've installed I have placed the sensors exactly where your installer did, some customers like to play with the sensors quite much so it's a good spot for them considering that compustar sensors are easy to adjust without the need of a little flathead sd. It works perfect right there. Try giving it a minute or two and then hit the drivers door frame with a firm thump instead of the kick and the glass tap (you don't have a glass sensor) you need to hit the frame of the car, or you can get inside the car,close the doors, arm the system and wait for a minute or two and then tap lightly on the sensor just like Mr. Swifty says if after all this it doesn't work well just replace the sensor cause it might be broken more than likely during the install process,since sensors don't usually factory-fail, they usually fail because we drop them and they're sensitive devices.
b_lum81 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

hm.... chances are that the sensor may be broken..... any idea how much it would cost to replace?  Would I be able to purchase one through you at all?  I originally bought my alarm online so I'm kind of stumped on where I can get the shock sensor and not the whole alarm. Unfortunately the shop where I've gotten my alarm installed is not a compustar dealer. 

What is the blinking orange light for on the sensor for?  I've noticed that it blinks every once in a while when i was adjusting the sensitivity.

I thank you in advance, everyone here in this forum has been a great help!  everyone here is nice and friendly which is much appreciated.

b_lum81 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2003 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

Another thing that I have also noticed is that the only time the thing lights up is when i unarm my car, and look at it like 5 seconds later and its blinking yellow/orange...

if that helps at all.... 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic