icon

Window Module Help! (Has Diagram)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
appstate11 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2003 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i got 2 of these window modules to control 2 windows going up and down. My alram has the following wires:

Pink/White-------------->Open Window (- Out)

Pink/Black--------------->Close Window (- Out)

Pink------------------------>Ignition2 (- Out)

Here is the diagram for my window module:

Window Module Help! (Has Diagram) - Last Post -- posted image.

Ok so i think I got this much right, the pink wire on one module goes the to the Pink/White-------------->Open Window (- Out) of the alarm, and on the other module the pink wire goes to the Pink/Black--------------->Close Window (- Out) of the alram.

I am not sure where to hook up the orange wire (500ma activiation wire) on the module. Do i need to hook this wire up and if so what for i mean what does it do and what would i hook it up to? If i do need to hook this wire up how can i find the 500ma source the diagram to my alram doesn't show anything like that. PLease Help. Thanks

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
What window module is this (maker,etc) I hate the way they word the instruction. Stupid just to be mean or something.
You didn't say if it worked the way you installed it. Guessing at they way they word it the 500ma activation would mean to activate the unit. However that could mean to activate a second relay. So here goes.
Wire #1 of the 2 wires goes to the alarm to activate the window unit. The other wire (#2) goes to a relay that would have normally been connected directly to the #1 wire. In other words if you connected the #1 wire to the starter kill output of the alarm (so windows went up every arming) then the #2 wire would goto the starter kill relay. basically they isolated the wires for you. You do not need to connect the 2nd wire if you are not using the IGN or starter kill output from the alarm.
NORMAL: the kill output goes straight to relay
optional: the window unit goes between and cuts the wire in 2
HOWEVER, if the windows do not work (as you wired above)connect your pink/white to the 500ma output. LEt us know for future reference. You can test by grounding out one for wire at a time and you should hear the relays click (giving the unit power only).
appstate11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Are you saying that i only have to hook up the orange wire of the module to the pink/white of the alarm. I don't get what you mean about the starter relay. The modules were bought of ebay and i am not sure of the name of them. This isnt installed yet in my car i am doing it tomorrow i just wanted to have an idea of how to hook it up.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
just hook up the activation wires. the igniton 2 output from alarm is not used.
use one of the negative trigger to control one mod to go up and the other negative trigger to make the other mod control down. thats all. if you use the negative out from starter kill everytime you arm the system the windows will go up. doing this you need to diode isolate the starter kill from the ararm. and only hook the negative starter kill wire to the mod that controls windows up. then you have to diode isolate. the negative starter kill wire fron the negative output wire of alarm so you dont fry alarm. or cause feedback. any questions drop an email.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
appstate11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
OK none of tis worked. my alarm has 2 wires to control the window one for up and one for down. the way it works is when i arm the alarm i hold the buttom down for 2 seconds allowing the windows to roll up and when i disarm hold button 2 down for 2 secs causing them to roll down. If i dont hold the buttons down the alarm just arm and disarms the windows dont do anything (that is how it is suppose to work) i have the mod hooked up with one of the pink access. wire going to the pink/white (- window down) of my alarm wires and the other pink access. to the other mod going to the pink/black (-window down) of my alarm. I have no idea where to hhok the orange wires up to i have tried just about everything i need something that has 500ma to activate it. Any ideas. What is 500ma and how do i find one. PLease i was doing this for 10 hours yesterday trying to these things to work and they dont so any help would be great.
appstate11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

my alarm has 2 wires to control the window one for up and one for down. the way it works is when i arm the alarm i hold the buttom down for 2 seconds allowing the windows to roll up and when i disarm hold button 2 down for 2 secs causing them to roll down. If i dont hold the buttons down the alarm just arm and disarms the windows dont do anything (that is how it is suppose to work) i have the mod hooked up with one of the pink access. wire going to the pink/white (- window down) of my alarm wires and the other pink access. to the other mod going to the pink/black (-window down) of my alarm. I have no idea where to hhok the orange wires up to i have tried just about everything i need something that has 500ma to activate it. Any ideas. What is 500ma and how do i find one. PLease i was doing this for 10 hours yesterday trying to these things to work and they dont so any help would be great.

Ok i got 2 of these window modules to control 2 windows going up and down. My alram has the following wires:

Pink------------------------>Ignition2 (- Out)

Here is the diagram for my window module:

mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Ok that's sounds good... Your alarm has wires for Windows Up and Down with negative pulse? Ok first you have to wire the module in. What you want to do is find your window wires whether they are in the door or the kick panel. You want to cut the wire in half. Attach the gray wire to the switch side and the green wire to the motor side. Repeat the same for the passenger door. In essence you are disconnecting the system and the switch is now activating the module.

Now if you want to put windows up, that's the 500ma Activation wire. Grounding this wire will send the windows up. You can do this with your pink/black wire.. (not sure but check the amperage it provides). A more common use is to connect this to the GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT of your alarm. (usually an orange wire) This will automatically send the windows up when you arm the car. This wire usually puts anywhere between 300-500mA. That's what they are talking about.

To send them down. you need to ground your purple wire (accessory). This will send the windows down like on disarm. You can use your pink/white to probably do this. Both of those wires must be timed or validity outputs for this to work meaning that they keep going until the button is let go of.

I don't know the car or the alarm, but that's pretty much window modules in a nutshell.

appstate11 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Ok now i am really confused. I know you guys must think i am an idiot but i can't seem to get this. Ok the mods i have can control 2 windows either up or down. So i got 2 mods for one for up and one for down. I got them wired in to the switches for both windows and then have them grouned and 12v hooked up. I am not sure what is the GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT on my alarm because there is no just orange wire there is a orange and white that goes into my starter relay #86 but the way I am seeing it is that those 2 wires coming off the brain of my alarm:

is what i use. My alarm is designed to roll the windows up not every time i arm it but only when i hold the arm button for 2 seconds it then arms it and rolls down the windows. It also rolls them down anytime when i hold the disarm button down for 2 seconds. So all i really need to know is if the orange wires on the mod are hooked up to the above mentioned 2 wires from my alarm brain. Please any advice would help. thank you

mazdatruckin 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  

Ok Well you don't have to do the GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT. If you don't want to roll them up every ARMING then hook your pink/black wire to the activation wire. If you think it may not provide enough current, you can use a relay.

To open the windows connect the pink/white to your ALARM ACCESSORY ITEM.

This will allow the windows to work as you want. From their just make sure you got the motor and switches working. As a test to make sure everything's working put the window down. Then ground the activation wire, this should send the window up. Then ground the accessory item wire (purple in your drawing) this should send the window down. Hope that helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic