Alarm Selection Help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Abs20 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone:

First what a great site this is!  I'm a newbie to alarms although I've got experience with stereo's, etc.  I've been researching alarms like crazy for my 2002 Maxima (it's headlights were stolen in my driveway!) and I need to get something really soon.  Any and all help/recommendations will be greatly appreciated:

Requirements:

2-Way Key FOB (not a separate pager unit) With Excellent Range (which is best?) and notifications of individual sensors going off and a vibrate only mode.  I live in NYC so I must have a top notch 2-way system that can page me in my building, in a shopping mall, etc.

Manual Transmission Remote Start capabilty (tranny has neutral switch)

Support for multiple sensor inputs such as multiple shock sensors (for headlights) and motion sensors.  It seems that the AutoPage alarms have 4? independent sensor inputs? 

Must be reliable and supported in case I have problems or if  need new remotes, etc.

Current List:

CrimeStopper CS2015FM2

CompuStar 2WSS-AS

Marksman M11

AutoPage 750LCD

AutoPage 850LCD

Viper 790

Viper 791

Prestige 996

AST UltraStart 4500

AutoStart AS-6000TW

I would also consider international versions of any one of these alarms (please tell me where I could find them) IF it provides increased range . . .

Thanks in advance!

Andy

CBates 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Autopage is pretty good, especially if you want to trick it out a little (window roll up, trunk, sunroof, etc) the 750 has an 8 button remote which comes in real handy for the "extras". As for Viper, Python, etc. I have always been a fan of DEI, they have always made a rock solid product. I dont know how clifford is these days, but ten years ago you pretty much couldnt beat them, although most of them were way more of a pain to install they needed to be. You cant go wrong with any DEI product.
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.....
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ultrastart 4500 is going to give you the best range out of that list you have there.
Abs20 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  

Everyone, here is an update on my alarm search:

I contacted AST regarding the Ultrastart 4500 and quickly learned that the FOB is going to be much to large.  It is really more like a pager than a key FOB.  So that one is out for me.  As a side note, I also learned that there is a Canadian version (no FCC certification) that provides an additional 500-1000 feet of range.  That model number is designated as 4500XF or 4500XHF . . .

I also contacted Autopage.  I learned that their 750LCD model is an AM/FM pager, not FM/FM.  This concerns me since I think the range will be much less.  The 850LCD is an FM/FM pager, but seems to have fewer features than the 750LCD model. 

Also of interest, I learned that the Marksman alarms are manufactured by a company called Magnadyne.  On Magnadyne's web page, they describe that they do manufacture a lot of "private label" alarm systems.  I suspect that both Autopage 850 and Commando 870 are really rebadged Magnadyne alarms . . .

Any additional feedback would be very welcome.  Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic