icon

window roll-up/down

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

ok i am good with alarms, im an installer so im literate with electrical systems. i understand it all but this is the first window module ive done so i want to make sure im doing it right.  here is the wiring diagram for it

PINK: to accessory item

GREEN: left motor

WHITE: left switch

ORANGE: -500ma activation

BLACK: ground

RED: constant 12V

BLUE: right motor

BROWN: right switch

so i know i just tap off the starter kill wire on my Viper alarm for the 500ma input, this will activate the module,i think i would have to use a diode.  the window outputs are negative pulse i believe, i can just test that with a DMM.  and it has relays in the module so it can roll up the windows without external relays.  now the only thing im confused of is the pink wire.  it says to accessory item.  i have an extra channel on my alarm with -200ma output.  if i were to hook this up to the pink wire...could i use the extra channel to roll the windows down when the alarm is not armed?   also...if i decide i dont want the windows to roll up every time the alarm is armed...could i just use the extra channel output to roll them up as long as i use a relay being that it only puts out 200ma and the orange wire needs 500ma to activate?

c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2003 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
If you tap the starter kill relay you will need 2 diodes. The pink wire is a neg OUTPUT not input(usu used to control another func while the windows are active). You can use a momentary output instead of the orange wire, but unless the mods you are using are designed for momentary OR constant input, then you will have to hold the button down for the duration of the window sequence. I never add a relay for a (single)low current input, . . .but hey, I don't want you pissed at me if the transistor fry's, so add a relay.
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
so i wont have to worry about reversing polarity or anything for my window wires?  i have a 97 Jeep cherokee...i just hook them up like i mentioned in my first post?   i never done a window mod before...i just dont wanna fry anything!
c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2003 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
The windows are reverse polarity, not neg. You can use a DMM to test and verify polarity of wire(s). When doing windows I use a pen and pad to write down and verify all the wires at the switch. Once identified cut the wire(s) in half. The half coming from the switch will be the "switch" side the other half will be the "motor" side--wire according to the diagrams. It's pretty simple but can be time consuming. It helps to read the instruction manual completely 3 or 4 times to get your mind focused on what you'll be doing. The hardest part will be running wires thru the door boot.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic