icon

SPL system..2 strokers or 2 L7?opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NWC_nickatina 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

Ok heres my situation..i know this random kid that knows nuthing about car audio and his parents buy him evrything (including system)..now the last thing I want is to be outbumped buy this local chump heh..(he has two alpine 12 type R's and an old rockford punch 800 watt amp (those were underrated) in a golf, so it will pound (grrrrr).

I have a civic si..with a kicker kx 1200.1 (best amp ive had yet).now for the sub part I like 15';s but trunk space is limited..so heres my options..2 cervin vega stroker 12's..which i heard are nuts..or two L7 12's or maby even 3 (space permiting) ..whatever I get, based on your opinions, will be going in a custom ported box. to the specs.(I want SPL over SQ) my amp is most powerful at 1 ohm so i wana run it down to 1 ohms or 1.5 without blowing the subs..what would be the smartest choice of subs/combinations?,,,please let me know any little detail will help, I'l post pics of the install once im done.

Adrian
JesusTTU 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
In my own opinion i think the L7's would be a better decision. Kicker knows there stuff. I have 3 L7's in my camaro in a ported box with the same exact amp and its LOUD...L7's are high quality subs and with the amp you're running it should satisfy the SPL part.
NWC_nickatina 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
If you have 3 running can you still put them down to 1 ohm?,,,ive never ran 3 subs..and if i were to get 3 whcih ones L7 4 ohm or 2 ohm?
Adrian
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

Since your car is a hatch back you probably sould take him with 2 12" L7's   I've heard the alpine 12's type R in a competition set up compared to 2 kicker 10" L7's.  Both cars were configured with amps that were rated approximately the same.  The only difference was that one was a hatch back and the other was a sedan.  The hatch had the two kickers in it and when you sat in the front seat you felt the pressure in your chest.  Because of the air space required by the kickers the guy still had trunk space.

The set up in the hatch was 4 punch 800's, 2 kicker 10" L7's, and two sets or MB Quarts separates.

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Go witht he L7s
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
NWC_nickatina 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2003 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help..im most likely going to run 3 of them...can i still get a 1 ohm load out of 3 subs with the kicker 1200.1
?
Adrian

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic