icon

wiring harnesses?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

in the past 4-5 months if done two new head units (one mine,one my friends).......both of the cars are old....mines an 89, hers was an 87......for both of them i couldnt find a harness to fit on the old deck (both had tape decks)........now my friend wants me to do his unit......his is an 82 sentra........bestbuy told him they only have 85's and up......

now.....is there an easier way for me to wire all these units other than cuttin old wires and wiring the new harness on to those????......if there is a plug and play device i can get for that car where can i find one????

bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2003 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Crutchfield.com has a wiring harness for the 82 Sentra for 9.99.  With this harness you will put it in the wires that come out of the deck and it will plug into the plug for the car.
noob 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2003 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

so either way i have to rewire something?????...........or did i misunderstand?

cuz with mine some dick head just chopped the factory wires and just wired em right into the deck.....i had to cut everyone and rewire em to the new piooner harness that came with my unit.........

bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2003 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
If your buddy's 82 sentra has the factory harness still in the car, then the only thing you will have to do it attach the Crutchfield harness to the back of the deck. This is the only wiring you will have to play with. Most new decks come with open wire ends, so that should be easy enough. If it is a used deck you can cut off any harness that is attached, and wire the new Crutchfield harnesss to the deck. So yes, there will be some rewiring. But you have to do that with any deck.
If he doesn't have the factory wiring, then you are in the same boat you were in with your car.
Does that make sense?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic