icon

Installing A/C power plugs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rharris19 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
Where would be the best place to find a housing for and A/C plug to put into my car. I am going to use a D/C to A/C convertor i got at walmart rated at 350 watts and i want to put a couple of outlets on my passenger side wired from the convertor. the only probelm i have is finding a plug and housing that would look decent in a car that i could wire to it.
Deez_Nutz 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
on that low of an inverter i would stay with one plug or youl be back on here asking why your inverter dosent work
jason p 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
depending on what you are plugging in the recepticle i would think about hiding it under the dash
Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2003 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Are you looking to install a house type plug in your car? If so that can be done by with a standard receptical, box and a short extension cord. There are many options if you are willing to cut up the trim pannels. But I have to agree with Jason... hide it under the dash.
I personally have one in my trunk. Power my DVD player with it.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2003 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
I just extended the wiring on one of the receptacles of my 800 watt inverter and cut a small hole in the side of my glove box. The inverter comes with receptacles, so I popped it out and cut the same size hole as it cam out of and it popped right in. I did the same thing with the on/off switch so inside my glove box i have an outlet and a lighted switch. make sure you insulate everything very well and dont make the wires too long. I stuck the inverter to the bottom of the glove box, so the wires I extended were only about 8 inches long. The inverter is hardwired to the battery.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic