Can't get door locks to work with alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turbovr6 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, newbie here to this forum.

1988 chevy s-10 blazer 2 door.   I got an alarm with all the bells and whistles including auto start, power locks, ect.

Anyway, I got everything working except the power locks, they still work with the switch, but not with  the alarm.

there are 3 wires  1.unlock 2.lock 3.12v+ out.   I used the below diagram I found on this forum, and they just don't work.   I would just like to know if this is the correct diagram for my truck.  Also I used the light blue wire, and the BLACK/ white stripe wire behind the kickpanel.     Thanks in advance!

Can't get door locks to work with alarm -- posted image.

CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
you def. have the right diagram, make sure that the switch side and motor side are correct.What are the colors of the wires you are trying to tap into?They should be lt blue and BLACK/ white
Cruisin Security And Sounds
turbovr6 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

CruisinS&S wrote:
you def. have the right diagram, make sure that the switch side and motor side are correct. What are the colors of the wires you are trying to tap into? They should be lt blue and BLACK/ white

yeah I have the right wires (blue,and BLACK/ white).  I will have to check my connections again. I will also check the relays too, I guess there is allways the chance one may be defective

c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Try making both #85 pins the negative inputs from alarm(instead of 85 on one and 86 on the other). Some relays have internal diodes which would cause problems with a neg input on the 86 terminal. Also, are you saying there are only 3 wires at the switch? If that's so then you have 3-wire positive pulse locks(doesn't really matter though, the above diagram would still work). Crusin's right, you need to verify the proper motor and switch side of the lock\unlock wires.
bloodly1 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
I agree wholeheartedly with C2. When I see other guys using #85 for one and #86 with the other, I have urges to whack them with a tie wrap... in the name of good fun, of course. I don't recall seeing any 3-wires in those blazers and if you did reverse the entry and exit points on the relays for the lock/unlock wires, I hope you at least fused it because you may be disappointed looking for your wrecked reversed polarity train. jumping the wires back together in a quick orderly fashion and flicking the factory unlock switch can be a very calming and reassuring operation. Switch side of wire to 87a. "Switch in the middle", "Switch in the middle" Say it ten times in a row ten times today ten days in a row.... you'll never reverse it again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic