icon

99 Civic Ex auto trans and Hornet 554t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
testdaflow 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking into getting the Hornet 554t and I'm a complete newb to alarm install.  I downloaded the 554t install manual and got the wiring diagram for 99 Honda civic on the vehicle info page.  I was wondering if someone can help me corelate the wiring harness of the DEI 554t to the wiring of the civic.  Mainly the problem when reading the install manual is the secondary harness.  Thanks in advance.
c2deez 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
I could help, but I don't have instructions for a 554T. Maybe you could ask about specific wires and what they tap into.
testdaflow 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
My question is on the Relay Satellite Key Interface.  Wire 1 and 2 colored Red both + High current 12V input and it says and it says factory supplies.  Is this the constant 12V or the ignition 1 & 2?  I'm kinda confused.
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
those 2 red 12v+ input wires should be run to your battery, and fused.  i believe it supplies the power for the alarm module.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
the two reds connect to the white wire on your honda civic. but test this wire make sure it shows constant 12 when key is off.
orange goes to the white black wire.
pink goes to black yellow
pink/white goes to yellow
purple goes to black white.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
testdaflow 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
thanks djfearny2, you made it clear to me.  Anyway you can tell me the other harness connection like you did on your last post? I know it's alot to ask for but i dont want to screw up my install by limiting the error margin.  Thanks again to all that replied.
testdaflow 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all. Sorry for asking so much but here is what i have compiled so far... please help if you can and verify what my mistakes are:

Primary Harness
H1/1 - ORANGE (-) 500 mA Armed Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
H1/2 - WHITE (+)/(-) Selectable Light Flash Output = RED / Black
H1/3 - WHITE/ BLUE (-) Remote Start Activation Input = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
H1/4 - BLACK/ WHITE (-) 200 mA Domelight Supervision Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
H1/5 - GREEN (-) Door Trigger Input, Zone 3 = Light GREEN/ Red
H1/6 - BLUE (-) Multiplexed Input, Zone 4 = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
H1/7 - VIOLET (+) Door Trigger Input, Zone 3 = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
H1/8 - BLACK (-) Chassis Ground Input = Goes to ground
H1/9 – OPEN = No Wire
H1/10 - BROWN (+) Siren Output = Goes to siren
H1/11 - RED (+) Constant Power Input = White
H1/12 - RED / WHITE (-) 200 mA Channel 2 Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?) H1/2
Secondary harness
H2/1 - GRAY/BLACK (-) Wait-to-Start Input = (no clue/goes to relay or option? It says diesel…)
H2/2 - LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) Factory Disarm/Special Accessory Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
H2/3 - VIOLET/BLACK (-) Selectable Channel 4 Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)

Relay Satellite Key Switch

1 - RED (+) High Current 12V Input = White
2 - RED (+) High Current 12V Input = White
3 - PINK (+) Output to Ignition Circuit = BLACK / YELLOW
4 - ORANGE (+) Output to Accessory Circuit = WHITE/ Black
5 - PURPLE (+) Output to Starter Circuit = BLACK/ White
6 - PINK/WHITE (+) Output to Second Ignition Circuit = Yellow
Remote Start Ribbon Harness
1 - PURPLE (-) 200 mA Starter Relay Turn-On = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
2 - ORANGE (-) 200 mA Accessory Relay Turn-On = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
3 - PINK (-) 200 mA Ignition Relay Turn-On = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
4 - YELLOW (+) Ignition Input to Remote Start = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
5 - RED (+) Constant Power = White
Remote Start Harness (H3)
1 - BLUE (-) Status/Factory Security Rearm Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
2 - BLUE/BLACK (-) 200 mA Optional Third Ignition Output = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
3 - GRAY (-) Hood Pinswitch Shutdown Wire = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
4 - BROWN (+) Brake Switch Shutdown Wire = GREEN / WHITE (brake switch? Location is e-brake?)
5 - VIOLET/WHITE Tachometer Input Wire = Light Blue (at the engine near distributor cap? Inside location?)
6 - BLACK/ WHITE (-) Nuetral Safety Switch Input = (no clue/goes to relay or option?)
Door Lock Harness (H4)
H4/A - Green (-) Lock, (+) Unlock Output = GREEN / WHITE
H4/B - Empty Unless Using 451M
H4/C - Blue (-) Unlock, (+) Lock Output = GREEN/ Orange

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic