the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

sunroof won’t open - help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

okay, here's the situation.  i was adding extended accessory power via intellistart 4 to my 99 civic SiR.  i managed to find the wire that supplies 12v to the windows, so that worked fine, and i can roll my windows up and down until a door is opened.  then i got greedy, and tried to do the same thing to my sunroof.  i blew a couple fuses (one under the hood in the fuse box labeled door locks / roof, and another in the fuse panel left of the steering wheel label as clock).  so i replaced both, and managed to close my sunroof because it was half open when i blew the fuses.

then, i tried to slide it open using the switch, and nothing happened.  the relay didn't even click.  when i press the tilt button, the sunroof tilts up, and then when i hit close, it closes.  only problem is, it won't slide open.

this is what the relays look like for the sunroof.

sunroof won’t open - help! -- posted image.

the one on the left is for opening, and the one on the right is for closing and tilt.  the one on the right clicks when i tilt up, and close back down.  i tried switching them, thinking that one relay might be no good, but that proved nothing, cuz the relay on the left clicked after i switched it to the right side.

can anyone help?  i'm thinking of borrowing a friend's sunroof switch, and see if that's where the problem lies.  if not, could it be something at the motor?  i have a haynes manual, but it doesn't cover anything about the sunroofs.

Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
to avoid confusion, the pins above should say "showed 12v+ during opening", and "shows 12v+ during closing".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic